Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2013, 02:51 AM

Default DSP EDIT/ASSIGN section - No menus only lights

I was wondering if anyone has come across this :

PC DSP EDIT/ASSIGN section shows only light squares instead of the usual menu read-outs.

I'm not sure if this is a hardware problem or if it has to do with software compatibility.

Apart from this faders, automation etc work as expected

We're using a PT 10 HD - (192 and Sync IO) - Mac Pro running 10.6.8

I'd really appreciate any help as I'm a bit stuck

Stephen Taylor

Here's a photo :
Old 02-09-2013, 11:22 AM

Default Re: DSP EDIT/ASSIGN section - No menus only lights

My ProControl is working fine on 10.6.8 with 10.2 HD.

Have you gone through all of the utility menus?

You may be able to reload the firmware?

I think if you revert it by holding a certain set of keys & then fire up Pro Tools it will try to update the firmware (as long as it is newer.)

Good luck.

PS: I have heard of people having power supply issues causing weird things to happen. The quick fix is to disconnect the power connector to the monitor section (as most folks, myself included don't use it. I use a Presonus Monitor Station myself. The Dust Brothers were recently selling their ProControl & had done just this to it)

Last edited by blackmacdaddy; 02-09-2013 at 11:24 AM. Reason: more info
Old 02-15-2013, 03:51 AM

Thanks blackmacdaddy for the reply,

I've done the firmware update.

I'll look into disconnecting the power connector - we do use the cue send & TB though (we're an audio school so I can't really go too far from standard procedures regarding signal flow)

If I find the solution I'll post
Old 02-21-2013, 02:42 PM

It has nothing to do with any firmware updates, the Pro Tools software updates the firmware when it is needed automatically. It think it is hardware related. I would open the ProControl Main unit, disconnect all the connectors you can find, maybe clean them (and removing all dust inside the machine) and then reconnect all the connectors. I revived quite a few ProControls just by executing this procedure. ProControls are getting old an corrosion starts to act up from time to time... Maybe this can help to revive your ProControl too...

Mac Pro 2019 - 3.2GHz 16-core - 96GB RAM - macOS 14.4.1 - PT HDX3 - Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3.1 - Avid HD I/O 16x16 (x2) - Avid HD I/O 16x16 Digital - Digidesign 192 I/O - Digidesign 192D I/O (x3) - Avid SYNC HD - Apogee Big Ben - Apogee Rosetta 200 - Avid S3 - Slate RAVEN MTi2 (x2) - iConnectivity mioXL (x4) - Genelec ‘The Ones’ 9.1.6 Dolby Atmos Music monitoring (AES/EBU) with 8341A (x5) + 8331A (x10) + 7360A (x2) + 9301B - Almost all available AAX-DSP plug-ins