Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2009, 02:26 AM

Default Re: MOTU BPM is a TOTAL NO GO for PT HD

I'll investigate on this installer thingy.
Sorry about that.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P A M View Post
Ok, an update.....
Motu Support have been to absolutely NO help with my problem, insisting that the installer was the same on all cd´s they send out, so after trying to get hold of support for an hour all I got was "try deleting all the plugs that the installer did install and reinstall from the disk...."
Yeah and???? - The result was the same as it’s been the whole time, - NO Rtas plug. So I used an hour more to get through to support again, only to get more or less the same response... and it might have something to do with the permissions... All checked and all as it should be...!!! Pleas report back via the tech-link you have made with the problem....aah...the one with the status "unread"
I finally decided to try installing on yet another Mac, this time my G5, and behold it finally installed the Rtas on the machine.. - And I could even deploy the update. Copied the plug-ins (you know the ones that support didn’t want to send me because they were already in the installer....) to my main system and all was fine.... Finally!!
I’m actually so stunned that I’m not really angry at the Motu-support - or lack of it....

Just wondering why the f... I have thrown money at that company - should have known better from previous experience, and nothing have changed...
With no intention of alerting you to what a terrific fellow I am but more to let you know that there could be a problem with your server, I uploaded the BPM plug to my FTP site on Friday night and sent an email to both the addresses on your site with a link so that you could have it for the weekend. Both those emails bounced back 4 hours later.

Glad you got it working. I used it again yesterday and I just love that plug.
I used just the sounds and whoever is responsible really knew what they were doing with those samples.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:14 AM

Thanks Phil, I’ll look into the server thingy, - haven’t had any problems receiving or sending mails over the weekend so it kind of pusles me a bit.
Anyway thanks for your effort on helping me, its much appreciated – and yes it’s a great sounding plug I must admit..

Its kind of funny that Motu-support responded to the support-ticket today, asking me to do exactly the same unsuccesful steps as they did over the phone yesterday...

Euro-Sound Studio
www.euro-sound.org