Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2018, 09:37 AM

Default Give a license as a gift?

I'm trying to purchase a few months of Pro Tools for a dialog editor I've hired, but I can't seem to buy a subscription and have it deposited in her iLok account unless I have her iLok password. Is there a way to do this? Or do I need to buy it for myself and transfer the license to her, or have her buy it herself and me reimburse her. Seems unnecessarily complicated.

Anyone done this before or could give me some advice?
Old 02-12-2018, 11:25 AM

Default Re: Give a license as a gift?

You don't need her password, you do need her iLok account name. When you have that you can just enter that name and then she can access the license andactivate it to any of her ilok keys. So ... no need for passwords.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 02-12-2018, 11:51 AM

Default Re: Give a license as a gift?

You could also buy it through a dealer and make things easier as you'll just get a code and she just needs to activate that code to her account (her my.avid.com account which will then put an ilok license on her ilok account.) For instance, Sweetwater will "digitally deliver" that code.

You still have a problem of billing for month-to-month as your billing account info will need to be there. It'd be easier for you to buy it for yourself and keep it tied to your account and just giver her an iLok (ilok registered to you) with the license. She can use ilok keys registered to different people together.