Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2019, 05:12 PM

Default Re: Falcon 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubxf View Post
Actually the lack of access to the new 2.0 presets is forcing me to learn the new features in a more in depth way right away. Liking it so far
+100

www.LightWingStudios.com

Musical Instrument Protection Accessories...Made In America.

Dell Precision T7910, Dual Processors (total 20 Cores), 128GB RAM, 4 @ 2TB SSDs, 1 @ 4TB HDs, Nvidia 2GB Dual Monitor Card, Dual LG 48" TVs used as Monitors, Arturia 88 Midi Controller, Black Lion USB Audio Interface, Mackie HR-828 Monitors, Katana Head, Fishman Triple Play, Win 10 Pro, PT 2023.3 Studio, only the Plugins I NEED, WAY TOO MANY Guitars...and an AMAZING wife!

AxeShield HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, AxeSak, AxeGlove, AxeCap & PedalShield
Old 11-11-2019, 05:43 AM

Now i start to worry about Avid. The content for UVI is posted again and it is still wrong.
Old 11-11-2019, 07:53 AM

The Falcon Factory V2 should be available soon. Had this confirmed by Avid and UVI.
Old 11-11-2019, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Now i start to worry about Avid. The content for UVI is posted again and it is still wrong.
Downloaded, installed and subsequently deleted it.

It works in PT buy kicks out a MOUNTING error if used Standalone or as a VST.

Nothing has changed.

If you don't want to see those errors AND you use F2 Standalone or as a VST in another DAW then the best thing to do is use the UVI supplied Soundbanks and/or buy Soundbanks and delete the Avid Plugsound Content file.

That way you get no errors across all the environments F2 is supposed to cleanly run in.

Maybe Avid can explain to us why the UVI Soundbanks INCLUDED with PT work just fine across all the environments.

Don't hold your breath waiting tho. :)

www.LightWingStudios.com

Dell Precision T7910, Dual Processors (total 20 Cores), 128GB RAM, 4 @ 2TB SSDs, 1 @ 4TB HDs, Nvidia 2GB Dual Monitor Card, Dual LG 48" TVs used as Monitors, Arturia 88 Midi Controller, Black Lion USB Audio Interface, Mackie HR-828 Monitors, Katana Head, Fishman Triple Play, Win 10 Pro, PT 2023.3 Studio, only the Plugins I NEED, WAY TOO MANY Guitars...and an AMAZING wife!

AxeShield HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, AxeSak, AxeGlove, AxeCap & PedalShield
Old 11-11-2019, 11:09 AM

yes what they posted is still the old 1.6 stuff for the manual and the Falcon factory. I don't get why they removed it and replace it by the same thing
Old 11-11-2019, 12:49 PM

Quote:
yes what they posted is still the old 1.6 stuff for the manual and the Falcon factory. I don't get why they removed it and replace it by the same thing
Heard back from UVI support on this. TWO choices...1) Remove the Avid Content file or 2) Move it to a different directory, config F2 to "SEE" that directory and set it to NOT "Auto Mount". That way you can activate it only if you want to use it in Pro Tools ON DEMAND and it DOES NOT generate an error in Standalone or as a VST Sound Bank.

Tested on my PC using Option 2...IT WORKS! :)

www.LightWingStudios.com

Old 11-11-2019, 01:06 PM

Thanks Patrick, in my case i only have the Avid version so i was hoping to get the 2.0 presets and additional wavetables. It looks like this might not come anytime soon. At least i got the 2.0 manual from UVI so i can learn more about 2.03
Old 11-11-2019, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightWing View Post
Maybe Avid can explain to us why the UVI Soundbanks INCLUDED with PT work just fine across all the environments.

Don't hold your breath waiting tho. :)
That's because the UVI soundbanks are not exclusive to PT but work across all platforms including standalone. The only exclusive to PT is the Avid provided soundbank. Two totally separate animals.

As I said earlier in this thread - the Avid supplied Falcon and the one from UVI are two separate entities even though they are the same program. So each developer can do with things as they want to like in Avid restricting the usage of their Plugsound soundbank to PT only. That soundbank was developed by Avid or licensed by them for exclusive use in the Avid supplied Falcon. Also UVI has no knowledge of who has the license asset for the Acid supplied Falcon.

QAPLA!
Old 11-11-2019, 03:40 PM

It looks like the Ilok license might be authorizing the FalconFactory.ufs if so the Avid version is different from the UVI version. If it's not the case is possible to use the FalconFactory.ufs from UVI with an Avid license?
Old 11-12-2019, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Actually the lack of access to the new 2.0 presets is forcing me to learn the new features in a more in depth way right away. Liking it so far

This is one where it is well worth the time to learn how all the features work and how to create patches with it. There is an excellent set of tutorial videos on the UVI website. There is also the Falcontinuum Forum where you can get some good help and info.

Closed Thread