Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2017, 03:34 PM

Default Re: HD Native Thunderbolt and SSL Deltalink

👍
Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.10
Mac Pro 2009 upgraded to 5,1 12 core 3.46ghz
GPU RX6800XT, Samsung 970 EVO Plus pcie boot drive, Titan Ridge flashed for Mac.
Midas M32r console. iPad Pro with Avid Control
Old 05-01-2017, 07:31 AM

Hi Eric, I need some help again After recording a band using the SSL Deltalink I now wanted to use the interface with a MADI based AD/DA convertor and insert my hardware in Pro Tools. Unfortunately I have quite a bit of delay and the delay compensation does not work in the Pro Tools I/O set up. I followed the instructions to determine the delay and put this value in the HW Delay compensation but it gets worse instead of better because I think I need to input negative values, which you cannot.

Can you kindly let me know if you have had delay compensation problems and how you dealt with them using the SSL Deltalink and Pro Tools?

Many thanks
Craig
Old 05-01-2017, 12:20 PM

By the way I believe the problem could be related to the fact that PTs thinks I have a 192 i/o connected when using the SSL Delta Link when in fact I have a Fairlight SX-48 AD/DA converter connected to SSL Delta Link via MADI. And here is where the problem lies - On the SX-48 the first 8 channels are inputs and the next 8 are outputs. So when I use an Insert in PTs I have to first insert 9 + 10 (for the outputs) and then I have to insert 1 + 2 (for the inputs coming back in). So in Pro Tools it looks like I have two hardware inserts on a single channel when in fact it is only one insert. Unfortunately I have to us two different sets of insert numbers to get around the fact that PTs cannot see the setup of the SX-48...

Any ideas to get around this will be welcome.

Thanks again.
Craig
Old 05-01-2017, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeeman View Post
By the way I believe the problem could be related to the fact that PTs thinks I have a 192 i/o connected when using the SSL Delta Link when in fact I have a Fairlight SX-48 AD/DA converter connected to SSL Delta Link via MADI.
I don't have any problems at all, and ProTools 12 on my system sees the SSL MADI as 8-192 i/o's, regardless of what's connected to MADI on the back side.

Have you contacted SSL support? Where'd you purchase the DeltaLink?

It really should be pretty straight ahead as ProTools only sees it as multiple Avid devices.

Wish I could help more.
Old 05-03-2017, 01:22 AM

Thanks Eric it seems I will have to wait for the AAX version of Mellowmuse ATA to solve the problem because the delay is quite large (4210 samples!) and even if I input the right value in HW Insert Delays tabs it does not work. I understand the AAX version of ATA will be out soon.

Thanks again,
Cheers
Craig.
Old 12-14-2017, 11:00 AM

Hello folks... Thanks in advance for your input w/this... I'm glad you're able to still use your Delta Link MADI HD w/Pro Tools 12.

What OS X version are you on please? ...I can't get it to come up in PTHD 12.8.2, on 10.12 (Sierra) ...Should I downgrade to Yosemite or Capitan?

Thanks again, very much. -alex
Old 12-14-2017, 12:32 PM

High Alex,

I am running El Capitan and it works fine. I have not upgraded to the latest High Sierra yet and will wait a while before I do so.

I trust you have the latest firmware in the SSL Deltalink because if not then you will have problems, even with El Capitan.

Cheers.
Craig
Old 12-14-2017, 12:38 PM

Craig,

Thanks so much for your prompt and funny reply (High Alex is hilarious!)

Yes, I believe firmware v2.0 is the latest already installed in my DeltaLink... I was considering downgrading to Yosemite, but will try El Capitan before going that far back.

Have a great day... And THANKS so very much once again. Best, -a
Old 12-14-2017, 12:43 PM

Alex, my brain was stuck on 'high sierra' ...

Cheers,
Low craig
Old 10-23-2018, 07:57 AM

Is anyone else having issues with Pro Tools 2018.7.0 and their Deltalink? For me, I need to restart my Deltalink every time I open PT. I need to do this every time I start Pro Tools, even if it is the first time I've had the Deltalink on that day. So, I start PT, it can't find the delta link, I power cycle it, and then Pro Tools sees it fine.

Anyone else?