Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2003, 08:40 AM

Default Best Mixer/Control Surface for 001

I have been looking at various solutions with regards to this subject, and looked back through the DUC for some kind of general concensus, but cannot reach a decision on which way to go.
The CM Motormix looks great but is very expensive considering it is just midi controller.
Yamaha 01V & 03D look like no starters (which is a shame)
Are there any other possible solutions out there?

Thoughts please anyone?

Thanks [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2003, 06:42 PM

Default Re: Best Mixer/Control Surface for 001

Mackie is going to be supporting PT for their large Mackie Control pretty quick... You didn't say which OS you're running, so just a warning, apparently lots of problems with the TASCAM US-428 on Win XP...
JL Cooper is coming out with a nifty-looking 32 track minidesk controller this week; Electronic Musician is planning a review as soon as they get their sample.

I like the Mackie stuff myself; the Baby HUI already supports the 001.
Old 01-28-2003, 12:54 AM

Quote:
You didn't say which OS you're running
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Running OS 9.1.
Like everyone else have been waiting for PT 6, and then upgrade to OSX.
Thanks for the info, Mackie equipment is nice, but a little expensive.
I have been trying to mix a number of songs lately, hence the interest in control surfaces as things get to be a pain using the mouse all the time.

Ian
Old 01-29-2003, 12:22 AM

Take a look at the TASCAM DM24,,V2 software adds HUI controle,,
Old 01-29-2003, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Take a look at the TASCAM DM24,,V2 software adds HUI control
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Checked it out, certainly looks like the business. I see that Digi 001 is mentioned in the sales blurb, but how much functionality are we talking about here, i would want to be able to control plug-ins as well as simple fader moves.
Cannot find anything about Version 2 software though, can you please explain the advantages of HUI control.
Has anyone else had experience, or is using a DM 24 with Digi 001/Mac G4 set up?
If you have, or are, please leave your thoughts.

Many thanks,

Ian
Old 01-29-2003, 11:50 AM

To find out more about HUI(HUMAN USER INTERFACE)you will need to go to the MACKIE site,,or even check this one,,also,,if you go back to the TASCAM site and go to the support section you should be able to down load a pdf that explains all of the V2 features,,i dont own a DM24 but was close to getting one,,then i ran out of money,,maybe this year,,, [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 01-31-2003, 04:38 AM

Quote:
also,,if you go back to the TASCAM site and go to the support section you should be able to down load a pdf that explains all of the V2 features,,
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Had to go to tascam.com, and then USA site. There is even a pdf doc on digi 001 interfacing with the mixer, superb!
I was originally looking on tascam.co.uk, of course there was no mention of anything on the UK site, bloody typical. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]