Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2024, 05:22 PM

Default S3 And Logic Pro Integration

Hi, all!

I was a ProTools user for years, but have slowly but surely switched to Logic given most of my clients use it. I would appreciate it a great deal if any of you who are reading this have firsthand experience with the S3 in both ProTools and Logic in order to identify the differences, if any, between its use in PT and Logic not only while controlling faders and basic functions, but accessing and editing effects, instruments, and other plug-ins. I've heard conflicting stories about problems with such integration, so I am hoping that someone can give me an updated objective viewpoint of the pros and cons so I can make an educated decision as to whether to equip my studio with an S3 or a different option.

I do know that the Dock is fairly powerful when it comes to editing plug-in parameters, but it would be helpful to know about the S3/plugin integration first and foremost. I am open to any real-world feedback and/or case studies and/or suggestions that would help me to understand why making the switch to Avid is the best solution (if it is).