Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2024, 09:34 AM

Default Layout recall - frustrating behaviour?

Hi all

The following might be user error or a Eucon setting I’ve missed. Damned if I can find it though.

Here’s the issue… I have some layouts stored which I’m recalling from the layout buttons on the S3. My first layout shows every track in the session so each S3 fader in the layout is set to <auto assigned>. The second layout might be for all the VCAs in the session so each fader is assigned to an individual VCA track (or any other track for that matter.)

The problem is - if I go back to the first layout that shows all tracks (every fader <auto assigned>) - the S3 banks back to the top of the session - it doesn’t remember the selected/attentioned track on the surface, even though it is still selected in Pro Tools. This gets annoying very quickly as I’m constantly having to bank back to the track that was previously selected and visible on the S3, even though it is still selected in Pro Tools.

As I say, I might be missing a Eucon setting here.
Old 01-28-2024, 11:15 AM

Default Re: Layout recall - frustrating behaviour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsdy View Post
if I go back to the first layout that shows all tracks (every fader <auto assigned>) - the S3 banks back to the top of the session - it doesn’t remember the selected/attentioned track on the surface, even though it is still selected in Pro Tools.
There's an option in the "Layouts" tab in EuControl settings, at the bottom, which reads "Recall banked position with layout". At least with Nuendo I believe that box ticked means it will always return to the banked position you had when you saved the layout. So maybe try to deselect that?

It might not be what you're looking for though, but just a thought.
Old 01-28-2024, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattiasnyc View Post
There's an option in the "Layouts" tab in EuControl settings, at the bottom, which reads "Recall banked position with layout". At least with Nuendo I believe that box ticked means it will always return to the banked position you had when you saved the layout. So maybe try to deselect that?

Thanks. That sounds like it might be the setting I missed! I’ll check it out in the morning.
Old 01-31-2024, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattiasnyc View Post

Forgot to follow up in this. That was indeed the setting I was after!