Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2014, 08:18 PM

Default How to get the Air Creative Collection

This was offered to me with my upgrade to 11HD, I downloaded the collection installer at 2.47 gigs. Download is calling it a document. When I double click it it turns into a 3,85 gig document but double clicking a document does nothing. How does one install this rascal?

The other thing I downloaded was Pro_Tools Demo session 11_0_0 Multi_70651. It is also a document but when I double click it it gives it a .cpgz extension which I have never heard of.

Also, where are all the plugins and instruments. I don't seem to have half as many as came with 10 HD.

Also, do I need this Avid_codec_pack installer? What's the difference between a DX_driver and the HD_driver. Avid just offers these things but never explains what they are.

Thanks for any help!
Old 06-15-2014, 03:57 AM

Default Re: How to get the Air Creative Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveGarman View Post
This was offered to me with my upgrade to 11HD, I downloaded the collection installer at 2.47 gigs. Download is calling it a document. When I double click it it turns into a 3,85 gig document but double clicking a document does nothing. How does one install this rascal?

The other thing I downloaded was Pro_Tools Demo session 11_0_0 Multi_70651. It is also a document but when I double click it it gives it a .cpgz extension which I have never heard of.

Also, where are all the plugins and instruments. I don't seem to have half as many as came with 10 HD.

Also, do I need this Avid_codec_pack installer? What's the difference between a DX_driver and the HD_driver. Avid just offers these things but never explains what they are.

Thanks for any help!
Frist off - what's your operating system - Windows or OSX? Here's one explanation for .cpgz if on OSX: http://osxdaily.com/2013/02/13/open-zip-cpgz-file/

When you say download is calling it a document - what is the file extension?

When you ask where are all the plugins and instruments what exactly are you talking about - Avid, 3rd party or both? Remember that PT11 doesn't support RTAS anymore and you need aax64 compatible plugins and I believe all Avid plugins are aax64. There are a couple of individual Avid plugins in PT10 that got rolled into just one plugin in PT11; can't remember if it's eq or delays.

QAPLA!