Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2011, 07:44 PM

Default attention pt10 early adopters...is it better than 9 on W7?

My thread title says it all. I've been running plain vanilla PT9 on my W7 I7 rig and I still experience much bugginess from time to time. I DO NOT always point the finger at PT, since the Win7 OS is still extremely fussy compared to my Macs which "just work". I'm polling to see if PT10 feels more stable or is it just too early to tell. In my case I'm using the win7 rig for music creation and the Macs for post Production Work...where I have not time for down time.

Personally I'm waiting for the 14 day trial to see how it behaves with my own set of plugs and interface, but if you have any experiences worth sharing by all means LMK.

Wilson Dyer MPSE
Sound Supervisor: NCIS Los Angeles, CBS Television
Old 11-05-2011, 11:35 PM

Thumbs up Re: attention pt10 early adopters...is it better than 9 on W7?

Hi Wilson, I'm trying to kill it on Win 7 but so far no luck. PT10 on bootcamped MacBook with CPTK2.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:09 AM

Default Re: attention pt10 early adopters...is it better than 9 on W7?

I have been running PT 10 for 2 weeks now with no issues. I have yet to receive any error codes (to date).
I was using PT 9.0.3 prior to upgrade. For me, this has been the most stable version since I started using PT at version 7.3.

Lou
Avid Pro Tools Carbon, Eleven Rack (ERXP 2.0.1), Neve Shelford Channel, SSL Fusion Analog processor, Avid S1 Control Surface, Yamaha Montage 7 (also used as a MIDI controller), Korg Prologue 16 and Adam A7X Monitors.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.6, Logic Pro, VEP 7, Exponential Audio. Eventide, FabFilter. iZotope, McDSP, MDW, Softube, Sonnox, Soundtoys, Waves.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:38 PM

Default Issues ...

Launching takes forever. Closing PT10 also takes forever.
Some graphic issues with meters. I/O recognition is very buggy.
I've done all the tweaks & I'm using Win7 (32bit).
PT 9.0 was much more stable on my system.
Win7 (32bit)/ Asus p6t Deluxe v2/ Core i7 920/ Kingston 128gb SSD/ Seagate 1tb (x3)/ Crucial Ballistix 6GB 1600mhz 8.8.8..24.1N/ EVGA Nvidia Geforce 9500 GT 1GB/ Pro Tools 10.2/ Reason 6/ Reaper 4.22/ UAD2 QUAD + UAD2 Solo (x2)/ Lynx Aurora + AES16 (pci)/
Old 11-07-2011, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Issues ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flawlessempire View Post
Launching takes forever. Closing PT10 also takes forever.
Some graphic issues with meters. I/O recognition is very buggy.
I've done all the tweaks & I'm using Win7 (32bit).
PT 9.0 was much more stable on my system.
If you have the nvidia control center installed, go in it and make to manage 3d settings, click on the program settings tab, add pro tools in it, and then set everything to off, and to high performance. That should set your video problem straight, for the meters and the counter.

Wave-T.com
Old 11-07-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post
If you have the nvidia control center installed, go in it and make to manage 3d settings, click on the program settings tab, add pro tools in it, and then set everything to off, and to high performance. That should set your video problem straight, for the meters and the counter.
An interesting tip. Thanks.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:39 PM

If off isn't a value set the value to 0. It forces the card into high performance mode that you wouldn't be able to achieve if you did not install the nvidia control center.

Wave-T.com
Old 11-07-2011, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonepad View Post
My thread title says it all. I've been running plain vanilla PT9 on my W7 I7 rig and I still experience much bugginess from time to time. I DO NOT always point the finger at PT, since the Win7 OS is still extremely fussy compared to my Macs which "just work". I'm polling to see if PT10 feels more stable or is it just too early to tell. In my case I'm using the win7 rig for music creation and the Macs for post Production Work...where I have not time for down time.

Personally I'm waiting for the 14 day trial to see how it behaves with my own set of plugs and interface, but if you have any experiences worth sharing by all means LMK.
I have Issues after issues and they are getting worse in PT 10. To the point I am back to PT 9 it was that bad. Some have no issues, great to here. Its not Working for me at all.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post
Thanks for the tip, really appreciate it.
Did all that you explained.
PT10 launch/close still takes a mighty long time.

Occasional 9128 error.
FIX: Close session, Delete DAE Pref folder & Avid folder in Roaming,
empty Recycle Bin then load session.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:44 PM

I love it . The only issue I have is my system will freeze up when I add a track or a pluggin while the music is playing , no problem if i stop playback first.