Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2006, 11:09 AM

Default I love protools 7, BUT...

This is a post from Digi"

The current versions of the Toolkits being sold do not include a free upgrade to PT 7, they only include an update to PT 7.1. You must own PT 7 to use either of the new Toolkits.

When the product was originally "sneek peeked" at NAMM it was scheduled to include the full version of PT 7. At the time we felt that customers who had already purchased PT 7 should be allowed to qualify for special pricing as they had already purchased PT 7.

This scenario has now changed. During the final financial review of the pre-released product it was determined that including PT 7 in this upgrade would expose us to some revenue reserve issues and support issues going forward. Based on this we reluctantly removed the PT 7 upgrade from the products.

We do feel that the Toolkits with the additional tracks and bundled plug-ins represent a excellent value for many of our users looking to expand their music and/or post production capabilities. However, we do apologize for the miss-communication and confusion.

DigiCS

$500 for 16 more tracks is a ripoff. I know there are plugins included, but i already have plugins.
during my own financial review, I have determined that MOTU DP will not expose me to further revenue issues from digidesign.
Based on this, i will have to reluctantly switch my DAW application.

Pro Tools 7 is an amazing software package. But I can't justify the costs for a limited i.e. LE application

If digi offers a 16 tracks for a reasonable price, i might reconsider. otherwise, when i outgrow my mbox, i WILL NOT upgrade to a digi 002.