Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 03-08-2004, 04:18 PM

Default PCI constantly peaked on 001

I have been using my Digi001 with a 1.3ghz AMD winXP machine and it has operated almost flawlessly for about 1 1/2 years. Then I upgraded to PT6.1 and my pci bus in the system usage screen is peaked whenever I open any file, which makes -6024 errors anytime I play back anything. This happened two months ago and I have been trying many things to cure this problem.

First, I upgraded to 6.1.1, hoping it would solve some kind of bug I might have had. Then I uninstalled 6.1.1 and went back to 5.3.1, but the pci bus was still peaked. I then reformatted my whole computer and put a clean install of Win XP(sp1). The problem still remained, so I moved the order of the pci cards and the same thing kept happening. Next, I removed all other pci cards and usb devices (except my mouse). Still none of these things worked, so I reformatted (tested), then I changed around irq settings (tested, then put them back). None of these things solved my problem. So I wrote to digidesign technical support and got no response for a few weeks, got impatient and I wrote the same letter a second time and still got no response.

Now, I am stuck using my AMIII card (which still works fine) and my Digi 001 sits in my closet. But I really am limited, seeing how I use the optical connection with so much of my other gear. So, I am wondering if I have a bad Digi 001, a bunk computer, or if there is something I am doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated, seeing how I cannot get a response from digidesign themselves.

Thanks,
Hank
Old 03-08-2004, 04:37 PM

Default Re: PCI constantly peaked on 001

That sux man! List your PC specs, maybe someone can help. CPU, mbo, ram, etc..

How many PCI cards are you running? Have you tried removing all but the necessary cards? Have you tried upgrading the bios?
Windows 10 Pro 1909
ASUS X-99 II
Intel i7
32GB RAM
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
www.doylemusic.com
Old 03-08-2004, 05:53 PM

Thanks for the fast response.

Here are my specs:
(these worked fine for 1 1/2 years, then stopped working)

Digi001
AMD Athlon 1.3
512mb ram
Spacewalker Motherboard (with newest bios)
Pro tools drive is 40gb western digital Internal
Drive to run audio and pt sessions is 120gb western digital Internal

I have a generic nic card and a generic firewire card
I am using usb ports from the motherboard
I am running a Gforce 5200fx graphics card AGP

I have tried switching the cards around, removing all cards and usb devices except for the Digi 001, changing my Video Card back to my old 3dfx voodoo16 and changing irq settings around. All of these different attempts resulted in the same pci peak problem.

If I could even get 5.3.1 working again with the Digi 001 I would be happy, but for now the whole system is useless. At least I have the AMIII, but it is hard to revert

Thanks,
Hank
Old 03-12-2004, 12:34 PM

bump
Old 03-12-2004, 05:07 PM

doubt this will work but it's the only thing in the answerbase:

try turning the online button on or off in the transport window (the button that looks like a clock)
Old 03-12-2004, 07:43 PM

Bored,

Your case sounds vague to me like if you had changed something on your system and maybe forgot about it. ( Things like that happen sometimes.)

You know, like say you were trying to improve something, playing around for instance with graphic settings etc.pp.

As you went through all SW trials I would suspect a possible change made most likely with the hardware, but as you would be probably remembering on such, it might be something like a BIOS setting that you tweaked on in between.

Maybee you changed the ACPI in BIOS e.g. while XP was liking the termination during installation routine. ( PCI peak could fit into such a case also.) ... Or when you flashed the BIOS, it might have gone back to default which maybe differs from what you had installed XP with?

... or something in that direction.
Is it imaginable when you think about it?

Hope it could be helpful.

Lalaman

PS: Do you have a PCI controller card in your system?