Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2011, 05:26 PM

Default 11R Came Today...Second Time Around Report

Some of you know that I bought this unit some months ago, used on a few projects, and then sold it. I just wasn't that knocked out.

Recently, after being fed up with plug ins (not so much for quality reasons but just the hassle of them) and thought maybe I had been too harsh on the unit. More and more people in reviews seem to like it, even a few Axe FX owners. So, with great trepidation I ordered another one.

It came today and I plugged phones in it after unpacking and played through the basic presets.

I heard some things I heard before that I didn't like...some rather entry level sounding FX here and there, but the amp sims themselves....especially the Marshalls, made me think I must have been having a bad week.

This thing is going to stay. Very usable, at times outstanding, and with proper tweaking (and the new Expansion pack, I'm sure it will be even better.

I can't imagine anyone not being able to get something useful out of this unit. Combine that with probably the best interface of anything I've seen in a long time, it truly is a winner. I hope they keep coming up with more and more expansion packs over time.

Tom H
Old 04-27-2011, 05:46 PM

Default Re: 11R Came Today...Second Time Around Report

I highly recommend the ERXP. It really enhances the unit.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 04-27-2011, 06:26 PM
Avid

Great to hear! Welcome back!
P&S Creative Professional
AVID
Old 04-28-2011, 09:24 AM

Hey Tom, Ohad here. Funny to see you here in this situation, after all the exchanges we've had through e-mail about various modelers.

As you can probably tell I also decided to stick with 11r. It's just too easy to use and sounds too good to dismiss. I think if you spend the time, you'll find a lot of things to like, this time around. Make sure to pick up ERXP, there are some indispensable tools in there that will change up your workflow and tones for the better.

Also, the community on here is great. The Avid guys are always around and you can tell that they really believe in their product. Users are always chiming in with useful information.

Welcome back, can't wait to hear your opinion the second time around!
Old 04-28-2011, 09:55 AM
Avid

Tom, based on some of your comments, I think you may also really appreciate the new Speaker Breakup, which was added in the Expansion Pack. To my ear it can smooth out a lot of the high-end harshness that comes from pure power tube clipping (real or modeled). More info can be found here:

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=297417
Old 04-28-2011, 10:07 AM

Yeah man you got to get the ERXP. Dont base your reaction on the preset sounds, some are fine, they just are not for me or my style. The true beauty is when you get in there and tweak for hours just like you would a real amp/pedals, honing in on that perfect tone. Its really fun IMO.

I will spend days tweaking a single preset, but once you get it, you have that awesome feeling you get when you 'KNOW' that is the tone you have been chasing. Its better than ... you know

Get the ERXP

www.avid.com/erxp

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio