How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Aspera DigiDelivery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2006, 11:21 AM

Default Using Digidelivery for the first time

Hi guys,

I have recently purchased a Serv LT for my post production company and had a couple of questions, for you good people.

Im pretty sure I have the unit set up correctly but I cant see it on my local network even though it is attached to the same gigabit router as the rest of our machines. Is this correct ??

Also on page 20 of the Administrators guide it advises to test the performance of the system. So I sent a 780mb file to one of my other machines and it took about 2 minutes, downloading about the same. I then moved onto testing the Serv LT via the Digidelivery client software (2.0.3 I believe). When prompted for a recepient I entered my email address and the software told me it would take about 4hrs.

So my question is am I doing something wrong or is my system set-up not right. I have noticed on the Lan connections that the right indicator is orange meaning it should be connected at 1000 base T.

I know these are quite vague questions but at the moment any help would be appreciated.

All the best, Alan.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:22 AM
Avid

Default Re: Using Digidelivery for the first time

Hi Alan,

Here are some things to try:

Make sure the port on the router or switch that the server is connected to is set to auto-negotiate. If it isn't, you will need to change this and reboot the router/switch.

When logging into the client software to post a delivery, make sure you enter the internal IP address of the DigiDelivery server into the hostname field and not the external IP address or server name.

If the IP address of your workstation is different from the external IP address of the DigiDelivery server the client software will assume that the workstation and server are on different networks and route the delivery through your ISP, which will be much slower than the local network. In this situation you would need to set up rules on your router to send any requests from the workstation for the external IP address of the DigiDelivery server to the internal IP address of the server.

A bad cable can cause slow transfers due to packet loss, if all else fails try switching out cables (make sure you use CAT 6 if you are on a gigabit network).

When testing transfer speed, be sure to uncheck "optimize for internet delivery", as this will slow down the transfer process when enabled.