Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2005, 06:10 AM

Default PRO TOOLS HAS ADJUSTED YOUR SYSTEM\'S MEMORY: HELP!

So I am running Pro Tools LE on a Dell computer running Windows XP Professional on a file sharing network....I'm not sure of the service pack number, but I'm almost sure it's not SP2....The specs are all up to PT's standards, and we have been running the program on this comp fine since late October....we received received this message when trying to open the program:

Pro Tools has adjusted your system's memory to accomodate its disk buffers, and must now quit...you must now restart your computer"

We then get a general windows C++ code error that "Pro Tools has unexpectedly shutdown"

We restart the comp as asked...same error.

Reinstalled the Pro Tools program....same error.

We can't get the program to even open to check buffer sizes, or anything...

We have checked for viruses and spyware, and found nothing...the comp is not even hooked up to the internet. After working fine for almost two months with no changes, I can't figure out how this happened....help!

If you need more info, let me know..I'm not near the comp at the moment so can't give you RAM specifics right now...
Old 12-27-2005, 10:15 AM
Avid

Default Re: PRO TOOLS HAS ADJUSTED YOUR SYSTEM\'S MEMORY: HELP!

Which version of Pro Tools are you running? Do you have SP1 or SP2 installed?

Any other info about your system - processor, chipset, attached peripherals, etc - that you can provide will help in determining the source of the problem.
Old 12-31-2005, 11:15 AM

Default Re: PRO TOOLS HAS ADJUSTED YOUR SYSTEM\'S MEMORY: HELP!

I have to double check all the current info...I just wanted to bump the thread up....I know we are on Windows XP Pro SP 2, but I don't remember which LE we're running...I'll check and get back to you....