Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 12-08-2005, 01:07 PM

Default record delay

hello all. i am running dual chipped g5 2.5ghz mac with 002 rack and pt 6.7 l.e. pro tools has been behaving 98% of the time fingers crossed.i have partitioned my second drive and they are correctly named (audio) mac os extended 10gig and (data) mac os extended journeled 150gig. my audio drive is correctly assigned to "r" being a record volume under the workspace window.

i have had this infrequent error recently. when i hit the record button the record action becomes paused. the record lights on the transport flashe 3 or 4 times, then the recording starts. this is most frustrating (but by no means as frustrating as the problems all these people are having with there external drives not being recognized although it seems like there all on the wrong operating system:) i noticed that there was a pre roll setup on the transport so i reset this. this fixed the problem that time. but it has happened again since. i tried to play with the transport pre and post roll counter settings but had no luck. i rebooted the machine and opened a new file created a momo track record enabled it and hit f12 (record) and away she went no problems at all.

what is up with this. anyone else out there experiencing oddities such as this?

i will apply some of the tips the digitech support guy posted under his general troubleshooting post e.g. deleting files from dae prefs folder etc and see if that helps. i have repaired my permissions already.