Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2016, 07:36 AM

Default Sonarworks Speaker Calibration

Hello,

Anyone have experience with setting up Sonarworks Speaker calibration tool using an AVID HDX/OMNI combination?

When I launch the Sonarworks calibration tool, I'm not being presented with an HDX audio engine option as a source and/or output device. There is a Pro Tools Aggregate option, but I can't get audio to pass through that at all. The only audio I can get to pass through the Sonarworks tools is the 'Display Audio' which is not the correct audio path as it will not properly initialize the Sonarworks tool.

I opened a support ticket with Sonarworks. They say... "You should be able to find the Avid Omni in our calibration software, but you need to make it available for outside of Pro Tools. I believe there is something like "PT mode" or a similar checkbox to enable or disable that. Please note, that you must be in 44.1Khz during calibration and please switch direct monitoring off, otherwise the software will have problems locating your microphone."

I'm unfamiliar with "PT mode" or where to access or configure that or how to set 44.1Khz outside of Pro Tools. Is there a Pro Tools Aggregate configuration option somewhere? I've never had need to use the aggregate option.

In a follow up email, Sonarworks said regarding Avid Omni/HDX, "I know it to be a problematic interface with our software." Not exactly what I want to hear after plunking down a couple hundred dollars.

I have Sonarworks Headphone calibration tools and that works flawlessly. Was hoping to add some of that to my monitoring setup.

Any help or assistance anyone could share would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Greg
Old 07-18-2016, 01:09 PM

Default Re: Sonarworks Speaker Calibration

What OS? Are you able to use the CoreAudio AVID driver that SW is looking for?
Old 07-18-2016, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Hepworth View Post
What OS? Are you able to use the CoreAudio AVID driver that SW is looking for?
Bingo, Matt! I forgot that I had removed the CoreAudio as it was messing with my machine's shutdown. Thanks for rattling the ol' bag of beans!

Reinstalled the CoreAudio plug, restarted and viola! All is good!

BTW... my system info is in my signature...
Old 07-18-2016, 11:51 PM

Cool! Tapatalk doesn't seem to show signatures, so please forgive me that one. ;-)
Old 09-22-2016, 10:17 AM

Where did you find the coreaudio plugin? I'm having the same problem you had but with an HD I/O. I have the coreaudio utility, but not the plug that resides in library/audio/plugins/hal.
Old 10-20-2016, 02:52 AM

Same problem here CoreAudio Manager just crashes every time it opens, either within Sonarworks or if I try and open it independently.

Mac, PT 12.6