Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2006, 05:34 AM

Default Pro Tools 7.2 Bug?

I would like to share my experience from PT 7.2 (I am sure you read other threads)
1. When copying region by option+click than holding and trying to move it (fast) back /forward, will cause freezing PT. You'll need to restart a computer by pressing button on the computer.
2. Zoom toggle (Pressing "E") will not increase a track to large sometimes. You'll need manually set it to large in the track height selector and than it will work fine.
3. Zoom toggle (E) will not stay on volume view (previously set) but increase it to waveform view - this is really ennoying when you mixing and all your tracks are "small". You must press "track view toggle" if you want to get to volume again. Digi please fix it! It really slows me down!
4. Fast repeating zoom toggle will freez PT in some cases. Hard restart will be required.

In general I like the functionality of PT 7.2 though to some innovations I'll need to get use.

If anyone has the same problems and has some thoughts to share here, it will be kindly appreciated.

Michael

Sound Designer
/ mixer
www.goorevich.com

PT HD⎪N v2024.3 Ultimate ● macOS Ventura 13.6.3
MacPro 7.1 (2019) 3.2GHz Intel Xeon W 16-Core ● 96 GB RAM
MTRX Studio + DADman 5.7.0.1 + MOM ● Sync HD ● AJA Kona LHi referenced by AJA GEN10 ● D-Command ES24
Old 09-12-2006, 09:23 AM
Avid

Default Re: Pro Tools 7.2 Bug?

We have no other reports of these issues and I'm not able to reproduce these on any of the machines I've tried.

Have you tried trashing prefs and databases yet?

You might want to post your system specs so we can see if something else may be the cause.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:29 PM

Hi, Digi
Yeah I always trash the preferences, repair permissions e.t.c . once any problem takes place.
My specs are:
Mac G5 1.6 (single)
768 MB RAM (has hever been an issue with PT 6.9)
OS X 10.4.7

HD1
96 i/o
PT 7.2

I think that zoom toggle's issue between Volume and waveform view is probably not a bug but than really useless and disturbing innovation. I also did not notice in Preferences menue ability to change its size, like it was in PT6.
Please let it back!!!
Thanks

Sound Designer
/ mixer
www.goorevich.com

MTRX Studio + DADman 5.7.0.1 + MOM ● Sync HD ● AJA Kona LHi referenced by AJA GEN10 ● D-Command ES24
Old 09-12-2006, 09:20 PM

One thing maybe "causing" two of your problems. The "E" doesn't go to a preset size like it use to it goes to whatever size it was at last time. So if you use the E to edit then change the track size manually to say mini. The next time you hit E that track will go back to what it was when you first hit E and the next time you use E it will make the track "mini" because that is what you "set" it to. I haven't seen this documented but it's the way it works on the two systems I've been on.
I would like it to work the old way but...

The second thing that could be causing your problems is that E also puts the track into what ever edit mode it was in (volume or Waveform) and when you leave the ZOOM mode the track will be in whatever mode it was in when you hit the E.
I also hate this functionality, I'm always having to switch the mode. Basically if I'm editing volumes (or whatever) and I hit E I want the mode to stay the same.

Any way I could see two of your "bugs" explained by this new bad behavior.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:53 AM

Another thing that I guess Digi simply forgot to include from the previous version of PT is:
In edit window, touching volume break point with graber tool + pressing "command" will NOT affect on its freezing behavior vertically. Its really not good, cause I often want to move a volume point in time - horisotically (back/foward) but to remain untouched verticaly (volume) wise. In PT 6.9 pressing command just had this thing done.
Its very wiered, cause in PT 7.2 pressing shift DOES allow to remain only volume parameter to be changed and freezing any movement in time (back/forward). This function successfuly came from PT6.9.
Digi, it looks like you just forgot abot a corresponding function with command key?!
It's important feature don't skip it up!

Sound Designer
/ mixer
www.goorevich.com

Old 09-18-2006, 08:00 AM
Avid

Quote:
Another thing that I guess Digi simply forgot to include from the previous version of PT is:
In edit window, touching volume break point with graber tool + pressing "command" will NOT affect on its freezing behavior vertically. Its really not good, cause I often want to move a volume point in time - horisotically (back/foward) but to remain untouched verticaly (volume) wise. In PT 6.9 pressing command just had this thing done.
Its very wiered, cause in PT 7.2 pressing shift DOES allow to remain only volume parameter to be changed and freezing any movement in time (back/forward). This function successfuly came from PT6.9.
Digi, it looks like you just forgot abot a corresponding function with command key?!
It's important feature don't skip it up!
This is now 'shift+control' in Pro Tools 7.2.