Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2011, 10:15 PM

Default Pro Tools 10 -- Multitrack Bug??

Hi all--

anyone experienced any issues with PT10 recording multi sources? (in this case Drums)

I've run into this very alarming problem where in the Kick drums are recording late, the room mics recording EARLY, most other mics looking 'ok'.

Anyone else seen this or have any thoughts?

thanks
wpt
Old 12-14-2011, 02:07 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 10 -- Multitrack Bug??

Hi, please give us more details about your PT system and recording setup. I am not using PT 10, but I can't believe that there is a bug like this. There will be another reason for this. Are you using buses with plugins in your session when recording, while ADC is turned off? Which interface do you use?
Old 12-14-2011, 05:20 PM

Mac Pro Nehalem 8 Core 2.26Ghz
OS X 10.6.8
6 G of RAM
PT 10

HD 2 PCIe
Old 12-17-2011, 01:34 PM

more details please!
what's interesting is your recording setup, interface, outboard gear you use while recording...

never heard of such a strange problem...

what does EARLY mean? the room signals are recorded slightly BEFORE your kick drum? That means your kick drum is delayed. do you use any digital processors in your recording chain that might delay your signal?
Old 05-09-2012, 07:45 AM

Exclamation Re: Pro Tools 10 -- Multitrack Bug??

Had the same problem running an HDX rig (v10.1.1) on a mac pro using various analog preamps straight into HD io interfaces.

The latency is random. We thought at first that it was due to communication between the program and one of our HD i/o, but then we noticed that the problem could happen anywhere, anytime.

This isn't just MTRK issue, had also latency problem when recording single track.

Everything seems fine while recording, and then listening back, you realize the problem.

Didn't find out what can trigger it yet. Only fix I could find so far is to restart the system. Now I do a record check each time before session.

This is a tricky bug!! It's very embarrassing to make the artist listen back to his screwed up performance!!!!