Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2002, 09:48 AM

Default templates and disk allocation

I find that using templates (stationary pad sessions) gets funky with regards to disk allocation on PT5.1.3 unlike with earlier versions (excepting 5.1.1). Audio drives get initialized frequently but given the same name. After initialization the template's disk allocation reverts to the drive the template is located. So I have to reset disk allocation.

Another wrinkle. If I create a new session from a template and save it to a audio drive, change the disk allocation to that drive and then import an embedded OMF, the 'choose location' dialog defaults to the drive/session file structure on the template's drive, and when I direct the media to be copied to the session folder structure on the audio drive, the 'audio files' folder has not yet been created and most be created manually.