Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 11-18-2020, 08:18 AM

Default 5.1+ LoRo Combined File Delivery Question

Hi All -

I’m currently exporting a 5.1 + LoRo combined deliverable for a client and am running into an issue where SMPTE order isn’t being respected for whatever reason. The first method tried was taking the 5.1 print and LoRo print on the timeline and copying in order to a 7.1 track. Then export file as clip to export the new deliverable. Pulling the file into Resolve or RX 7 shows channels all over the place.

Splitting to mono, reordering, dragging to a 7.1 track and re-exporting clip as file yielded different but still incorrect channel order when pulling back in to another program to verify channel order.

Ironically everything appears correct inside Pro Tools in terms of channel order (LRCLFELsRsLoRo) when reordering and setting that way on a new 7.1 track.

Copying prints also shows correct order when copying that to a 7.1 track (LCRLsRsLFELoRo)

I also tried the Bounce to Disk as single file option with the 5.1 print track and LoRo track and it appears that the tracks are following film path order, not SMPTE for the 5.1 portion of the mix. LoRo is correct when verifying in another program. I tried changing the path order prior to bounce and that didn't seem to make any difference. Any way to change that?

I previously did this in QT7 Pro without issue but unfortunately it no longer functions / isn’t available. Also didn’t have any luck with Wave Agent as it said it exceeded the BWAV size limit (it’s a feature film).

Currently running 2020.9 / macOS 10.13.6.

Any and all thoughts or suggestions welcomed.