Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2016, 11:37 PM

Default sample rate of 44.1HX not supported

Hi - once again even more problems with the wonderful pro tools.

Now I am getting `the current playback engine does not support a sample rate of 44KHz.

I have not changed anything? I always use 48KHz. I cannot find a solution in Setup or anywhere?

Thanks

TC65
Old 07-08-2016, 11:43 PM

Default Re: sample rate of 44.1HX not supported

Tell us more about your system please. OS, interface, Pro Tools version, etc.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 07-09-2016, 12:11 AM

I geht this message sometimes when the playback engine changed to an unwanted device. Maybe you should check that.

Best

Mark
Old 07-09-2016, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Ziebarth View Post
I geht this message sometimes when the playback engine changed to an unwanted device. Maybe you should check that.

Best

Mark
I also get that message if for some reason my computer loses communication with the 11 Rack and PT defaults to the computer output.

QAPLA!
Old 07-09-2016, 11:26 PM

Can`t see any unwanted device but I will bear this in mind for future.

Thanks

TC65
Old 07-09-2016, 11:27 PM

Thanks. I checked this out too but can`t see any problems. One to keep for the future no doubt.

TC65
Old 07-10-2016, 12:08 AM

Daryl Ramm posted this in another thread. I have a feeling it will help with your problem, too. I'm too lazy to type so I'll just paste his reply.

Welcome to DUC.

So nothing is outputting sound? First get a basic audio track to work then get more complicated with VIs etc., so to start...

Did you install the latest (Windows 10 compatible) Windows device driver for the Audio-Box?

When Pro Tools starts up hold down the 'N' key on your keyboard and keep it held down until the Pro Tools playback engine dialog box finally appears, then select the audio-box as the playback engine. If it is not listed in that pulldown tell us what is. Do not assume this is being selected correctly if you do not do this, always at least check in Setup>Playback Engine

Now create an empty Pro Tools session, not from a template.

In that Session create a new stereo *audio* track and then drag and drop any known good MP3 or similar audio file from your desktop onto that track in Pro Tools.

Press play. Do you hear that out the monitors? Does the audio track meter move in Pro Tools? Make sure the mixer knob on the interface is turned all the way to playback and the main volume is turned up. Also try headphones connected to that interface and turn their volume up.

If that does not work, posting screenshots of the Pro Tools mix window showing IO assignments, the playback engine dialog panel and Setup>IO>Output and Setup>IO>Bus would likely help.

If you don't understand anything mentioned here, try first googling for info on that and then ask, folks here are happy to explain stuff if you need it.
---

Also if you are totally new it is usually much better to get started by following some tutorials than trying to work stuff out yourself. YouTube has lot of great tutorials on getting started with Pro Tools, and especially on working with VIs (for after you get the immediate problem sorted out) etc. It's just too complex a product to try to grope your way through, so I definitely encourage you to go back to YouTube and try again there.
Old 07-10-2016, 02:23 AM

Probably a driver issue. With quite some soundcard drivers out there protools can't set/changethe sample rate itself and you have to set the samplerate in the sound card's or Windows control panel before launching PT.
Old 07-10-2016, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC65 View Post
Hi - once again even more problems with the wonderful pro tools.

Now I am getting `the current playback engine does not support a sample rate of 44KHz.

I have not changed anything? I always use 48KHz. I cannot find a solution in Setup or anywhere?

Thanks

TC65
No doubt a Hardware Setting or Playback Engine issue, but you've provided zero info about your system, so how can we help?

----------------------------------------
Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Also running a Mac Studio Ultra / Ventura / HDX / MTRX / S6
Old 07-10-2016, 04:10 PM

Try Holding down the N key when the splash screen starts to change the audio engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk