Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Old 08-06-2003, 11:42 PM

Default Re: Things That Don\'t Make Sense in Pro Tools !!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by stereo type:
Why can't PT punch in or record enable/disable on multiple tracks at different times. I realize punching in on multiple tracks at various times has become a 'lost art'. It's certainly easier to keep track by only doing one at[/URL]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">not a bad idea- but while we're talking about punching, how much time is spent fixing/making cross fades. how about a quickpunch definable crossfade? that way no one waits for you to clean up, or more likely, you dont have to stay an extra 15 minutes when you just want to go home.
Old 08-07-2003, 01:15 PM

When you create a bunch of memory locations, PT remembers the "general properties" that you have specified so you don't have to re-select them each time. The "time properties" are not remembered though. I can't find any preference setting to change this.
HD 2 Accel
PT 7.1cs9
192 I/O
Old 08-07-2003, 01:34 PM

You can't use other audio hardware with the Pro Tools software.
Old 08-08-2003, 06:51 AM

What about individual user settings. I constantly have to open up one of my old sessions to get my personal settings back. We have multiple users here and each one likes to view PT in a different manner.
Old 08-11-2003, 04:29 AM

Quote:
I would like to see is the ability to store vertical zooms along with horizontal zoom presets.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Dave, you can do this. There's a check box for Track Heights in the Memory Locations dialogue.

smpte, yep, individual preference files would save a lot of time here too.
Old 08-11-2003, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Dave, you can do this. There's a check box for Track Heights in the Memory Locations dialogue.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeah, I know about that, but I don't like using markers/memory locations for storing zooms. If I store any, I use the 5 zoom preset buttons in the edit window. When I'm editing, my left hand very very rarely leaves the keyboard. This isn't a big issue for me because I have several work arounds I can do. After many years of using PT, I really just started using the vertical zoom a couple months ago. Right now I've got horizontal zoom on the scroll wheel of my mouse, and I could just switch that to vertical if I wanted and go back to using the command keys for horizontal zoom. I'm not using it enough right now to really need some kind of new function in PT.

The thing that would probably make it nicer for me is really just the fact that I'll get sessions from other editors, and they've got memory locations stored with the vertical zooms, and when I go to some locations to check edits or tweak something or whatnot, it pulls up that vertical zoom which can drive me nuts sometimes. It would be nice if the other editors could store their vertical zooms in the zoom preset buttons.

Dave