Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2011, 09:52 AM

Default HELP!! Fast Playback on Bounce.... Chipmunks Help

Ok, I've seen this being asked a bunch of times and I've tried everything I know and still no luck. I've used PT LE 6 & 7 with the original M box for years with no problems. Got away from it for a while and finally last week threw down and upgraded to the new Mbox 3 and PT 9 Crossgrade. Recorded some at our studio the other night. Simple 2 tracks, board feed and mic, recorded no problem. Got home did some basic eq'ing and editing. Everything plays just fine, sounds great. Went to bounce a track and get the chipmunks thing on the bounced file. Yet the audio sounds fine while bouncing. Keep in mind, I'm have VERY simple set up, just the Mbox and my Macbook pro. I just used the basic out of the box settings. Always worked for me before and I'm not doing anything complicated so I just leave it. Session shows recorded at 48/ 24, and that's what I bounced at. Clock is set to internal. Same as always
Funny thing is I opened a session from 3 years ago. Bounced a track and it works just fine. It's at 44.1 and that's what it defaulted to bounce @. I tried bouncing at several different SR with the new stuff and got the same result....too fast.

ANY IDEAS???
Old 05-16-2011, 08:30 AM

Default Re: HELP!! Fast Playback on Bounce.... Chipmunks Help

I am having the exact same issue. (except I am on XP Pro) I am at my wits end. Doesnt matter how I bounce, sample rate, etc. (Running 8.4 LE) Anyone?
Old 05-17-2011, 08:44 AM

Default Re: HELP!! Fast Playback on Bounce.... Chipmunks Help

Was the board feed analog or digital?

First thought would be a sample rate error where your session was set for 48K, but got a 44k sample rate digital input instead...(or perhaps the other way 'round...)
Old 06-10-2011, 05:42 PM

Thumbs up Re: HELP!! Fast Playback on Bounce.... Chipmunks Help

Just an update for yall: I finally broke down, swallowed my inner geek and called Avid. They were quick, courteous, and replaced my Mbox 3. That fixed it. Something to do with a bad oscillator (sp?) chip on some of the first runs. Anyhow, give them a call and they will get you fixed up. Very nice folks.