Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2009, 12:59 PM

Question AIR Blog - Can Anyone Help?

I've run into a problem with the AIR Blog and I promise I'm not the same guy who sends you letters about having millions in an African bank you can have if you just give me your credit card details.

It was time for me to uprade my Vimeo account to cope with the additional videos and bandwith. The cost - a bargain $59.95 for a year, easy thought I! NOT! You have to be a US resident.

Simple question, is there anyone who loves the Blog and would be happy to gift it an account (US Resident only!) or do that and then have the Blog pay them back in lovely Queen's Sterling?

If there is you need to go to Vimeo, set up and account, then go to one of MY videos, NOT Brian's and then use the 'Get Vimeo Plus' option and then gift an account. If that's you then email me selllerness AT gmail DOT com

I hate to do this ask, nearly as much as I hate that a company as cool as Vimeo would set up a system that can only trade in the continental US!

Founder of the Expert Sites.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:29 PM

Wink Re: AIR Blog - Can Anyone Help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussUK View Post
I've run into a problem with the AIR Blog and I promise I'm not the same guy who sends you letters about having millions in an African bank you can have if you just give me your credit card details.

It was time for me to uprade my Vimeo account to cope with the additional videos and bandwith. The cost - a bargain $59.95 for a year, easy thought I! NOT! You have to be a US resident.

Simple question, is there anyone who loves the Blog and would be happy to gift it an account (US Resident only!) or do that and then have the Blog pay them back in lovely Queen's Sterling?

If there is you need to go to Vimeo, set up and account, then go to one of MY videos, NOT Brian's and then use the 'Get Vimeo Plus' option and then gift an account. If that's you then email me selllerness AT gmail DOT com

I hate to do this ask, nearly as much as I hate that a company as cool as Vimeo would set up a system that can only trade in the continental US!
I live in Oz now or I would gladly do it for you... I am amazed still at how many things are there for US residents only..

Now if I could only get the Aussies to learn how to make proper brisket, cornbread, and sweet tea.. Vege-what?

Peace!
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 01-15-2009, 02:04 AM

Default Re: AIR Blog - Can Anyone Help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danander11 View Post
I live in Oz now or I would gladly do it for you... I am amazed still at how many things are there for US residents only..

Now if I could only get the Aussies to learn how to make proper brisket, cornbread, and sweet tea.. Vege-what?

Peace!
I think it's mad that Vimeo are only offering an option for US customers to be able to upgrade... I thought most people has heard of Paypal!

Old 01-15-2009, 02:52 PM

Smile Re: AIR Blog - Can Anyone Help?

Sorted!

Old 01-16-2009, 12:01 AM

Default Re: AIR Blog - Can Anyone Help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussUK View Post
I think it's mad that Vimeo are only offering an option for US customers to be able to upgrade... I thought most people has heard of Paypal!
I think it's more a matter of not wanting to offend the censors and such in other countries.. the legalities get to be a bit much.

I can go online to any number of on-air or cable television sites and click on free to view programs, (such as Eureka on the SciFi site), and am disallowed from watching it. Just because I am here.

Which for me is absolutely unbelievable... After 8 or so at night, you hear the f-bomb and everything else said often, and there is complete nudity allowed on public on-air television... Anyone with a tv and a set of rabbit ears can view/listen to it...

Of course I've come to find that it's probably all because the Aussies want to tax it somehow

I love it here though.

Peace! (and glad you got it sorted out)
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!