Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 08-02-2016, 10:26 AM

Default Re: Playlist view corrupts memory locations - BUG??

It is unbelievable that this bug remains unfixed two and a half years later.

Some bugs are annoyances that one can work around. This one is devastating to anyone who heavily relies upon track/show hide memory locations to organize a complex session.

Two and a half years. Why did I pay $599 and now $399 per year for support again???
Old 08-02-2016, 07:33 PM

Same here! After carefully organzing my sessions (with 150+ tracks) into more than 60 memory locations and 40+ window configs (track show-hide, some onluy loops, some only track markers), it's all EFFED UP.

Is there at least a workaround for it (like reimporting settings)? Is there anything to at least prevent the whole thing from happening (like not saving sessions in playlist view or something)?
Old 08-02-2016, 09:29 PM

kai2002, remembering to put all tracks in some view state other than playlists before saving seems to be the only option. The minus key above the QWERTY row is your friend, as is the Save As command for incremental backups.

The problem for me personally is that, on Pro Tools 12, I experience a lot of -9173 errors, lock ups/freezes/spinning circles, access violations, alt key ceasing to access menus situations and I have to restart Pro Tools or and/reboot. I could complain about these things, but I do not - in a 12 hour day in front of Pro Tools, I have to restart/reboot maybe 10 times and each time takes a few minutes. I manage to stay positive and productive. However, as a result, I use the auto-generated backups quite a bit, so I do not have the luxury of always saving after exiting playlist view. Any auto backups while you were in playlist view have their saved memory locations corrupted.

For me personally, the memory locations bug costs me way more time and productivity than the -9173 errors etc.

I hope this is resolved soon.
Old 08-03-2016, 05:31 AM

Thanks for the hint!

Same here, I get -9173 errors occasionally and all that other funky stuff as well, but actual crashes are the worst, and they come in many forms (cutting clips in PL view for example is the oddest one). I use auto-save like crazy, I have it set to every minute and to 500 backups. Also, I feel like I'm hitting that Cmd-S command about 5 times per min as well. I have my sessions on a PCI-E card, so it is really fast so it shouldn't cause any extra errors.

Any idea if importing memory locations / window configs is a workaround? Haven't had any success with this yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAWgEAR View Post
kai2002, remembering to put all tracks in some view state other than playlists before saving seems to be the only option. The minus key above the QWERTY row is your friend, as is the Save As command for incremental backups.

The problem for me personally is that, on Pro Tools 12, I experience a lot of -9173 errors, lock ups/freezes/spinning circles, access violations, alt key ceasing to access menus situations and I have to restart Pro Tools or and/reboot. I could complain about these things, but I do not - in a 12 hour day in front of Pro Tools, I have to restart/reboot maybe 10 times and each time takes a few minutes. I manage to stay positive and productive. However, as a result, I use the auto-generated backups quite a bit, so I do not have the luxury of always saving after exiting playlist view. Any auto backups while you were in playlist view have their saved memory locations corrupted.

For me personally, the memory locations bug costs me way more time and productivity than the -9173 errors etc.

I hope this is resolved soon.
Old 08-03-2016, 09:32 AM

I have not had success importing memory locations (for the explicit purpose of restoring track show/hide) either.
Old 08-03-2016, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAWgEAR View Post
I have not had success importing memory locations (for the explicit purpose of restoring track show/hide) either.
Well, buuuuuuh Avid then
Old 08-03-2016, 01:19 PM

I can't believe this is actually still present in PT 12.x Mac & Windows. One more reason I am happy I dd not upgrade.

HD7 Accel PCIe, Magma EB7 chassis
PT 10.3.10 Mac OS 10.9.5
SSL Delta Link HD 160 I/O

COCKOS REAPER (latest)
RME MADIFX (192 I/O)

ProControl (32 channel)
Old 08-03-2016, 02:46 PM

This is a nonsense.
Do you guys mean that if one day some of the PT support will find a fix for that...it won't be a free fix?

For a bug almost 3 years old?!

Do they sell the product AS IS?!
I'd understand if the annual subscription was for new features...but bug fixing is something else. It means that they sold for a FULL price a DAW that offers broken features.

I'm new to PT so please tell me it can't be like this
Cheers.
Old 08-08-2016, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hocusprocus View Post
This is a nonsense.
Do you guys mean that if one day some of the PT support will find a fix for that...it won't be a free fix?

For a bug almost 3 years old?!

Do they sell the product AS IS?!
I'd understand if the annual subscription was for new features...but bug fixing is something else. It means that they sold for a FULL price a DAW that offers broken features.

I'm new to PT so please tell me it can't be like this
Cheers.
It's exactly like that, I'm afraid. If AVID decide to fix the bug they will do so in the most recent Pro Tools release only - for which you will need to have a paid subscription.

HD7 Accel PCIe, Magma EB7 chassis
PT 10.3.10 Mac OS 10.9.5
SSL Delta Link HD 160 I/O

COCKOS REAPER (latest)
RME MADIFX (192 I/O)

ProControl (32 channel)
Old 08-09-2016, 12:32 AM

could it be possible that in 2 years no support case has been opened for this problem?