Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-26-2001, 02:08 PM

Default Tutorial for getting started?

I just got a copy of Pro Tools Free and I am having a very difficult time getting started. I would like to start with some simple tasks, like recording from a CD playing in my computer's CD drive, or recording the sound sent to my speakers by my notation program, or recording from an analog tape deck connected to my Cube by an iMic digital-to-audio-converter. Is there a turorial to guide me through these steps? The PT FREE Quick Start Guide seems to be written for someone who is already familar with digital recording programs and just needs to learn how to do things with Pro Tools Free. That's not me!

I also wonder whether my 54,000 rpm hard drive is fast enough for the program to work at all. Somewhere I read that PT Free requires a fast hard drive. How fast? I think I read in the Pro Tools Manual that a 72,000 rpm drive is needed. Does that apply to PT FREE as well?

Thanks in advance for your help,
John Link

[This message has been edited by John Link (edited May 26, 2001).]