Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2011, 06:37 PM

Just bringing this back to life. Any answers on how to solve the issue? Just picked up a Roland TD-4 and it can't be recognized due to the digi midi being greyed out. All my USB midi devices work fine just not the actual midi in on my digi 002.

help please :)
Old 07-04-2011, 01:40 PM
mafiacondon

yes me too , if anyone knows any info about greyed out midi devices ?
Old 08-21-2011, 08:31 AM

Yes same here, White macbook with 002R running 10.6.8 now with the 8.0.5 update. Can't get the 002R to show up in the Audio MIDI area at all. Tried all the steps listed in this forum thread...
Old 10-09-2011, 06:03 PM

I have managed to get my 002 recognized in the midi setup page by installing the latest versions of the drivers for the 002, however the Motormix still does not work.

I also have an Eleven Rack, which is recognized in midi setup and I was able to get the motormix to work, however with the motormix setup under peripherals I keep getting messages telling me that Protools has lost communication with the eleven rack and the motormix, even though I can move the faders and have them control the faders in protools. Protools is unable to retrieve information from the eleven rack.

I have resorted to disabling the motormix and gone back to not using it. VERY frustrating. I have a major project on the horizon and it would be very nice to be able to use my motormix.

I am very disappointed in AVID, they want to charge me for support! They need to get their act together.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:32 AM

Hello - -

I'm basically having the same problem as the others in the thread.

I have just updated my MacBook Pro to 10.8.2

Now my Digi 002 Rack can not seem to pick up nor send my MIDI devices, most specifically, my Yamaha P-80 piano.

I am running Logic Pro 7 and Ableton Live 7 and neither are picking up MIDI information as they had before.

Please advise.

Roger in Los Angeles
Old 01-07-2013, 11:03 PM

in case anyone else should encounter this problem, i got infected with it today and spent 8 hours pulling out my hair and screaming at the wall and trying all the troubleshooting suggestions above to no avail, until i finally noticed this one little question from avid tech support above that i had somehow missed the first 30 times i read through this thread:

<<Are you making sure to have the 002 on before you boot up your computer?>>

i don't recall ever having to do that before! but i did it tonight and, voila, everything is perfect. my digi002 is no longer grayed out in my audio midi setup window, and my protools and my digi002 and my midi controller are all talking to each other again as if nothing was ever wrong.

phew.

so, in short: turn on your 002 before you turn on your computer!
Old 01-30-2013, 07:15 PM

I know this is an old thread but im only having this problem now. The midi actually works and shows up. The audio does not. Installed Core Audio driver 8.0.3. Audio Midi setup will not recognize the 002.

I know I installed it. When opened, the digi manager says it is connected. When I open system profiler the FW bus shows the 002.

yet there is nothing in the library

and my trusty old 828 mk1 works like a CHAMP

here is the software. I have never installed PT on this laptop. Ableton is installed and runs fine.

I have tried EVERYTHING in the many forums for this problem. I have replaced the power harness. The 002 will work on my old (G4) tower with PT installed no problem. I have powered up with the 002 on, off, sideways, while playing drums, upsidedown, etc. tried different ports, cables, re installs, trashing of non existent files (?) preferences and juju. WTF?

I can only surmise that the 8.0.3 driver has not actually installed for some reason. I can find no trace of it in the library /HAL or in the log. any clues or even a sanity check would be much appreciated.
Old 10-23-2016, 10:13 PM

Restarting the computer (Macbook laptop 10.6.8) with 002 rack on and connected solved this problem for me! 002 Rack was getting MIDI in put nothing was showing up in MIDI Input Devices list, but after restart I had 002 MIDI IN and got MIDI connectivity