Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 03-27-2013, 02:46 PM

Default Turn feature off on Artist Control knob.

On our Artist control there are 4 knobs to the left and right of the touchscreen. We use these often with our plug-ins.

Unfortunately the top one on the left side has stopped working with the plug-ins in both Logic (9) and Pro Tools (10).

However, when launched in test mode, the turn feature is still being recognized by the unit.

Anyone got anything?

Thanks!
Old 03-28-2013, 02:20 PM

Default Re: Turn feature off on Artist Control knob.

Hey, just a few quick questions. Which EuControl software are you on? Is your surface firmware up to date? And lastly, you say that your plug-ins won't work on that knob, but will Auxes or EQ/DYN parameters work?
Old 03-29-2013, 07:57 AM

TAPSpace,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the odd wording of the subject..

We are on the most current version or Eucon and The firmware is up to date.

To be more specific - when spinning the knob on the top left side of the touch screen it no longer will control ANYTHING in ANY brand DAW. It responds to touch and click and when I move an send or plug-in parameter in the DAW the readout on the touchscreen for the knob moves appropriately.

Strangely when the unit is put into test mode and I spin that knob the readout moves and it seems to pass tests..

I have trashed prefs, removed user sets, and even run the clean Eucon sytem script and none have had any effect.

Any help would be great. I truly miss the days of being able to call Obedia for Eucon issues. Those guys knew the kit backward and forward.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:49 PM

It seems to me like you've gone through all the right steps. Based off of this information I'm actually leaning towards it being a hardware issue and you might need to get in touch with Avid Support.

The only thing that is holding me back is that it registers the turn function in test mode. So maybe try a different ethernet cord? The other option is if you have a second computer available I would plug the Artist Control in to the second computer (also using another ethernet cord) and see if the knob functions there.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:53 AM

Ill try the ethernet cord. I never really thought about that as a possibility. I can try Hooking up to another computer tho this is a bit of a bigger thing to make happen.

These units are WAY out of warrantee whats the best way to contact Avid to begin to look at service if neither of the options work?

Thanks
Old 03-31-2013, 12:33 PM

Hopefully its just the ethernet cord so you don't have to move anything around or ship it off.

But in the event that its not:

1) Hopefully DigiTechSupport will see this thread when they get back on Monday and be able to point you in the right direction.

2) In the mean time I found this webpage that might be able to help you out:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...=0&subfilters=
Old 04-02-2013, 11:21 AM

So I tried the cord and thats no luck there.

I did not try bypassing the hub that the unit is connected to as that would be a great deal of drama to achieve and frankly I don't have the time for that today.

I did try to get it hooked up to my laptop and I was unable to even get it to work at all there.

My Artist Series/Control Units have been hooked up and running everyday for over 3 years and I remembers some drama getting them setup in the first place.

So - Is there any sort of support or phone support that AVID offers. I bought these from Euphonix and I always used Opdeia for issues like this and Im at a loss on how to proceed.

Thanks in advance

Matt
Old 04-02-2013, 11:56 AM
Avid

Hey Matt (VSOP),

Do you recall what version of EuControl this issue started occurring in? You mentioned you have the latest version of EuControl installed, v2.7. Does the issue persist if you revert to an older build (i.e., 2.6.x)?
Old 04-02-2013, 12:16 PM

donnydonny,

Thanks for looking into this.

The issue began just before the 2.7 upgrade while on 2.6.2. The upgrade to 2.7 made no difference.

I double checked again just now and the knob IS responding to turn input in "Test Mode" but not while connected to ANY DAW program.

Thanks

Matt
Old 04-02-2013, 01:14 PM
Avid

Let me look into this. I'll report back with my findings.