Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2013, 08:31 AM

Default Re: Lindell Audio lunchbox goodies???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Eye Studios View Post
We are working on the Drip Opto 4, which is a LA2A clone. We are getting pretty close and might actually have it finished up this week. We are posting a few pictures and pics on our facebook page. Here's a link: http://www.facebook.com/thirdeyestudios?ref=ts. I'm not actually doing the soldering, my tech buddy Jamey is, and it's turning out great!! All in all it will be about $1200 or so, a little more expensive than it says on the Drip site, but for a LA2A with Dual T4s (slow and fast), it's a bargain!!

I'm looking hard at those Lindell Kits too. The "pultec" eq looks awesome. We might do a stereo pair of the Drip pultec clones too. Hopefully this year!!
I'm looking at yours and you're using a pcb, while the one I'm planning to do is point to point. From your experience ( I don't usually do much duy for rackmount hardware) which do you think would be more accurate sounding?

Wave-T.com
Old 01-28-2013, 12:23 PM

Default Re: Lindell Audio lunchbox goodies???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post
I'm looking at yours and you're using a pcb, while the one I'm planning to do is point to point. From your experience ( I don't usually do much duy for rackmount hardware) which do you think would be more accurate sounding?
I would suppose the point to point would be more accurate. From what I've read on the Drip forum, the Opto 4 should actually have a lower noise floor, because of the spacing between the traces and the exceptional grounding scheme. The Drip forum is great if you haven't checked it out yet. Lots of information.