Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2009, 09:43 AM

Default Import Session Data Problem...?

Was doing some editing and wanted to create a new session from session data from another session. Usually this works fine, but had something odd happen: When I imported the session data into the new session the audio data in the edit window was clipped off (the regions were slipped to a wrong time code and were unaccessible in a location outside of the edit window), and I tried to use the multi-tool to slide it around but I couldn't even move the clip! It repeatedly did this upon subsequent data imports and I found the only work around was the export an OMF file and import that data into the new session. Anybody else have this problem or even heard of it?

Nathan
ProTools 7.3.1 (i think cs4 or cs5) not sure.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:57 AM

Default Re: Import Session Data Problem...?

Nathan,

Try consolidating the files to time line zero and then exporting them to a new session. If that does not work, I would go through the usual preference trashing exercises. Good luck!
Old 08-31-2009, 12:33 PM

You also have to be careful to check the "import tempo track" or whatvere it's called is not on in the import dialogue. I've had this get turned on all by itself sometimes.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:24 PM
Avid

First thing to check would be Timecode and Offset options in the dialog. Also, if the session start time of your session were off it could do this.

Paul Vercellotti
Avid Engineering