Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 11-04-2005, 10:24 PM

Default BFD and Pro Tools 7

Hi all,

So I erased my computer and installed all of my applications over for Pro Tools 7 HD, as I have found this is the best way of handling a major update -- especially with all of the updated plug-ins from Digidesign and a few others.

Sadly, even though BFD is listed on the compatibility list, I wasn't able to get any audio out of an instrument track using it. When I load BFD into the Insert on the Instrument the CPU indicator is fully lit, and although I can load drum kits, no audio is played out of BFD. Just to check the track, I put Indigo on it and was able to use it perfectly on the track and hear audio.

Anybody had any luck with PT7 and BFD 1.5.27? Hopefully an update is soon on its way. Digidesign said they worked closely with FXpansion on the new version and I was really hoping for a quick update, as a few have already provided like URS and Waves. BTW, it's a great update and aside from this (and waiting until Nov. 9th on the Oxford plug-ins), the new features have been fun to learn

Cheers,
Scott

Macintosh G5 1.8DP (Tiger) 10.3.4 2..5GB RAM (2 Dedicated Audio Drives)
Pro Tools HD 7 Accel 2
www.protoolsblog.com
Old 11-04-2005, 10:30 PM

Default Re: BFD and Pro Tools 7

Sorry...found this on the DUC after posting and it solved the problem:

Please note.. this is mentioned in the ReadMe which accompanies PT 7.0:

Software Instrument Does Not Emit Sound when Inserted on an Instrument Track or Auxiliary Input (Item #65797)

Some software instruments will not emit sounds and will not play unless they have a valid hardware input or MIDI output assignment. If this occurs, manually assign a hardware input to the Instrument track or Auxiliary Input, and/or manually assign a MIDI output to the Instrument.

Cheers,
Scott
www.protoolsblog.com
Old 11-07-2005, 03:00 AM
FXpansion Audio

Default Re: BFD and Pro Tools 7

We'll be releasing a fully PT7-approved version of BFD in the next couple of weeks.

All the best,
Angus.