Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 06-13-2001, 06:36 AM

Default Re: *DIGI* We\'d like 001 forum: Users please sign.

Wow, I thought I was speaking for more people. I guess not! It looks like there's going to be an LE tips and techniques forum though.
http://duc.digidesign.com/cgi-bin/ul...c&f=1&t=003122

-Pete
Old 06-13-2001, 08:01 AM

I'm looking forward to "PT LE tips and techniques".

But actually, one folder for each platform under "Pro Tools Host" might be enough - possibly plus the Windows configurations thing, just like now. Easier and less confusing. It just seems that the current names invite people to post host system related stuff in the wrong forums, because of the word "troubleshooting" being too narrow.So long as it doesn't get too many posts a day one forum with the right name for each platform should be fine. When we pass more than 1 page a day it makes sense to split it up (eg into "Tips and techniques" and "Troubleshooting").

Bruce, are you reading this thread as well? Thanx for listening! Some of use visit your site frequently and like it as smooth as possible.

[ June 13, 2001: Message edited by: carson ]
Old 06-13-2001, 07:55 PM

This forum should be at the top of the list. Who cares about Pro Tools 24.
Old 06-14-2001, 07:48 PM

Another vote for one PTLE/Digi forum per platform, with a better title. Easier to search just one, less confusion.
Old 06-14-2001, 08:15 PM

Ideally, I wish the LE and 001 forums were separate, as there are a lot of jokers like myself out there that use the 001 but feel that the PTLE cd is best used as a coaster (no offense, Coaster!). The reality is that LE and 001 issues were constantly posted in the opposite forums anyway, so I guess this makes sense. Maybe we could add "and Digi 001" to the title to make some of us feel better about it
Old 06-16-2001, 03:08 PM

well guys, i'm the newest addition to the crew. I just pickd up a digi 001 last night for a cool price in £'s sterling here in london!!!
I say 'Hear here' to the idea of a dedicated digi 001 Forum. Would be most useful!!!

Wot say our friends at Digidesign????

P [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2001, 04:52 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the DUC, popppie, we're glad to have you here.

As for this thread, I can understand where you're coming from, but I think it may have more to do with the main forum title than anything else. (see the forum subtitle, which was too long to fit as a forum title) I think most people will get used to it.

This is the 001 mac forum. The fact that people with ToolBox systems can also share ideas in the same place doesn't make it any less so. Although this is a users forum, Digi Tech Support and other departments monitor the DUC, and help out when possible. Having to answer the same posts twice was much less manageable for us, and we decided to consolidate the LE, ToolBox & 001 forums. This works better for us, and by extension the majority of users.

If you want to talk about using something other than Pro Tools LE with the 001, that's cool. But if I didn't use LE at all, I'd personally be more inclined to use a motu, cubase, or logic users group for whatever my software of choice happened to be. Doesn't mean you aren't welcome here, but it's not a compelling enough argument for a separate forum.

We did create a new Host Tips & Techniques section, which so far has not generated much traffic. It's apparent (to me anyway ) that most people would prefer to hang out in one place. Including Audiomedia-based users doesn't hurt anything, any more than having the TDM forums include different hardware systems. I think we can all learn from each other.
Old 06-17-2001, 08:47 AM

Hi Digi,
Thanks for responding. Any chance of throwing us a bone and hinting at what will be the next phase of host based Pro Tools?
-Pete