Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2010, 11:16 PM

Default What am I suppose to use to punch myself in if I can't use tranzport in pro tools 9le

What am I gonna use to punch myself in if I can't use tranzport in pro tools 9le?

If for some crazy reason my tranzport will never work with pro tools 9 le, which I find hard to believe. Its not that complicated of a hardware device compared to other units.
What can I use to replace it and all for under $200.00?

I have windows 7 prof 64bit, n of course PT 9 le?

I read Frontier who makes tranzport has discontinued it and has no plans to put out a better version. Which I'll add has been rock solid up until now. And I bought it for $200.00 at the time in 2007. Plus I see Frontier has not put out a driver update for 3 years, though they say on their site they will still offer tech support for the tranzport. I sure hope so we tranzport users can not record without it.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:18 AM

Default Re: What am I suppose to use to punch myself in if I can't use tranzport in pro tools

The Tranzport should be a go with proper setup.

However isn't Pro Tools 9, simply Pro Tools 9? Not Pro Tools "LE" 9? Or do you mean 8?

That said I'm running Windows 7 64 bit with PT9 working fine with my Tranzport remote even with their driver not being updated recently. Be sure to right click the little Tranzport icon on the lower right tray and select the Pro Tools (HUI) mode. Then get the settings cool in PT and it should work. I was also able to use my Tranzport with my prior version of PT which was M-Powered 8. I do however have to set the Tranzport to "Tranzport Native" mode to use it with Reaper and Sonar.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:49 AM

Default Re: What am I suppose to use to punch myself in if I can't use tranzport in pro tools

hi guitarpicker

I have pro tools 9 LE. When I bought it it said pro tools 9 le crossover... maybe you're right its just pro tools 9, I see when u fill out Avids support page they only say pro tools 9...

WOW Youre right! right click little icon n choose pro tools! I just did ok im gonna launch pro tools and see if it works! Ill get back to you.

SOB! Well u were right now my tranzport works but soon as I change clock source to s/pdf I get this frigin message!!!
(The transport was stopped due to a problem with external clock source. Please check the connections and verify that the external device is operating correctly or selecta different clock source.)

Also Ive never worked with s/pdf. I jsut bought apogee rosetta 200 24bit converter. Apogee tech guy walked me thru cable chain of command setup. Also to change all input n output tracks in session to s/pdf. then to change in setup/hardware/clock source to s/pdf.

Please advise?
Thank you.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:24 PM

OK!

Sorry I had to bother every one with this. I just changed my I/O settings in pro tools 9 and I changed all my input n output settings within session. I had to create a new stereo aux track as well so I can hear audio thru my head phones thru my mbox pro 2. I know its crazy. But I just got apogee rosetta 200 Im a PC user I had to get a nano patch as well so I can hear audio thru my monitors n headphones and be able to record midi as well. Finally its all working!

with kind warm regards
Shaman
Old 11-16-2010, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanrock View Post
What am I gonna use to punch myself in if I can't use tranzport in pro tools 9le?

If for some crazy reason my tranzport will never work with pro tools 9 le, which I find hard to believe. Its not that complicated of a hardware device compared to other units.
What can I use to replace it and all for under $200.00?

I have windows 7 prof 64bit, n of course PT 9 le?

I read Frontier who makes tranzport has discontinued it and has no plans to put out a better version. Which I'll add has been rock solid up until now. And I bought it for $200.00 at the time in 2007. Plus I see Frontier has not put out a driver update for 3 years, though they say on their site they will still offer tech support for the tranzport. I sure hope so we tranzport users can not record without it.
Where are you getting your information from?

I'm looking at Frontier's web site now, and they don't have anything indicating the Tranzport is being discontinued. In fact, they have the Tranzport on the home page of their web site.

As far as the drivers go, I see a "TranzPort Windows 32/64-bit Installer v1.5.0" dated 11/13/2009, and a "TranzPort Macintosh Installer v1.4.3" dated 10/08/2010, or a little over a month ago...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 11-16-2010, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Denton View Post
Where are you getting your information from?

I'm looking at Frontier's web site now, and they don't have anything indicating the Tranzport is being discontinued. In fact, they have the Tranzport on the home page of their web site.

As far as the drivers go, I see a "TranzPort Windows 32/64-bit Installer v1.5.0" dated 11/13/2009, and a "TranzPort Macintosh Installer v1.4.3" dated 10/08/2010, or a little over a month ago...
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/deta...FQLOKgodrnFujg
Old 11-16-2010, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidge View Post
Pretty sure this just means Sweetwater isn't selling it anymore ... as stated above, Frontier Design has this unit advertised on its front page:

http://www.frontierdesign.com/
Old 11-16-2010, 09:36 PM

Apparently it HAS been discontinued. They are just not interested in updating their website ..... probably because of the economic downturn and not being able to pay their webmaster

From the Frontier Tranzport forum:

"Annabelle2010-11-12 05:45:21
Member Offline

Can you please tell us more about the product that why is it being discontinued?
Thanks,
Ali.

Last edited by Annabelle (2010-11-13 04:21:16)

20Central Scrutinizer2010-11-12 11:37:53
Moderator Offline

Hi Annabelle,

The decision to discontinue the TranzPort wasn't an easy one but it was due largely to the recent demand/economic downturn and not because there is a replacement product in the works. We will still continue to provide support and repairs to our legacy products.
Thanks for your support.
CS"
Old 11-17-2010, 05:59 AM

Did some more digging myself, and it looks like it's gone for good...

BTW: www.guitarcenter.com shows them as still available, so there may be some still in the pipeline...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh