Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9

Old 10-15-2011, 06:48 AM

Default Pro tools 9 reference guide

Hi. As i understand it, the Pro tools 9 reference guide is available in text book form. I'm not referring to the pdf file version that is included with PT 9. I was told by members of the forum that a version is available,( a real book with pages you can turn, (You guys remember those, don't you ?). I find that searching through an on screen version with over 1,000 pages is a real pain. Some times I forget what I was searching for? Anyway, if one of you knowledgeable good guys can direct me on this I would appreciate it. I want to index only the pages that concern me,(Not all the higher forms of PT'S but only my humble little PT 9 , M-Audio 2 in, 2 out setup. Thanks
Old 10-15-2011, 07:10 AM

Default Re: Pro tools 9 reference guide

Go to this page in the web store:

http://shop.avid.com/store/product.d...07362862701872

QAPLA!
Old 10-15-2011, 07:26 AM

Red face Re: Pro tools 9 reference guide

Hey guys, Sorry. I had forgotten that someone on the forum had given me this info previously and I was looking for it on web bookstore sites. (I'll have to use my stroke/memory impairment excuse here). While I'm at it, I found the Avid store site info previously given. It lists vol.1 and vol 2. Are both books $49.95 or is that the price of each? Again, thanks.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Wetzel View Post
Hey guys, Sorry. I had forgotten that someone on the forum had given me this info previously and I was looking for it on web bookstore sites. (I'll have to use my stroke/memory impairment excuse here). While I'm at it, I found the Avid store site info previously given. It lists vol.1 and vol 2. Are both books $49.95 or is that the price of each? Again, thanks.
I don't think you'll find it on sites like Barnes & Noble or Amazon. Sweetwater might have it though.

QAPLA!
Old 10-15-2011, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Wetzel View Post
I find that searching through an on screen version with over 1,000 pages is a real pain. Some times I forget what I was searching for?
A digital version with a search function is harder than manually searching a 1000+ page book? How do you forget what you're searching for, can you not just look up in the search field to see what you typed?

That being said, it looks like the $49.95 gets you both volumes.
Old 10-15-2011, 01:03 PM

Do you have a printer?
Old 10-15-2011, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDDP View Post
Do you have a printer?
The op doesn't want to print the pdf version which he mentioned in his original post. Either way, purchasing the manual from Avid comes out the same, if not cheaper, than printing out the pdf on a laser printer. You have to figure in not just the cost of the paper (which ain't cheap) but also a toner cartridge. I should know as that's what it took me to print the pdf manual for PT8. And places link Kinko's or Staples won't print copyrighted works.

QAPLA!
Old 10-15-2011, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
The op doesn't want to print the pdf version which he mentioned in his original post.

Well then maybe I should get in the habbit of reading entire posts instead of jumping the gun next time lol.

Old 10-15-2011, 02:10 PM

i bought the printed manual a while ago, because i also hate reading big pdfs on screen. it is worth every single penny!
Old 10-15-2011, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krabbencutter View Post
i bought the printed manual a while ago, because i also hate reading big pdfs on screen. it is worth every single penny!
Don't own a hard copy but I can respect that. It's also easier to tab pages, highlight sections, ect. Plus something tangible is easier to remember. Don't believe me? Write down something you have trouble remembering. Once it's on the paper it's real and you'll have a much better chance of remembering. Also a good thing to do for a goals list.