Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 02-26-2021, 04:15 PM

Default PC reboot required if my tablet sleeps or tabs away from Avid Control

Hi y'all, been searching everywhere for help with my specific issue. Windows 10 machine, Samsung Tab A. Spent hours trying to figure out why the tablet wouldn't show up in the surfaces window.

Once I set up a static IP for both, I was finally able to get EuControl to see the Tab A. Connected fine, and the app worked great controlling Pro Tools 12.
Awesome!

However, if my tablet falls asleep, or if I switch to a different app, EuControl loses the tablet and won't find it again. Force-restarting EuCon, the EuCon client service, etc does nothing - the only thing that will make EuCon see the tablet again is completely rebooting my PC, at which time it immediately finds it and works as expected.

Is there something I can do to force EuControl to scan for my tablet the way it does on a fresh boot? Do I really have to keep my tablet permanently plugged in and exclusively used for Avid Control?

For reference, my empty surfaces list. Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: png blank surface.PNG (16.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-27-2021, 10:24 AM
Avid

Default Re: PC reboot required if my tablet sleeps or tabs away from Avid Control

Does restarting the Avid Control App on the Tablet bring it back ?
Old 02-28-2021, 10:55 AM

Default Re: PC reboot required if my tablet sleeps or tabs away from Avid Control

Well damn, the one thing I didn't try. This works, thanks!
Old 04-07-2021, 03:32 PM

Resurrecting this because the behavior described in the original post is back, and is no longer solved by restarting my tablet. Further, rebooting my PC does not always guarantee that EuControl sees my tablet.

This behavior persists whether I'm trying to use the tablet, my Samsung phone, or my Kindle Fire 10 - all of which I've had success with at some point in the past.
Old 04-21-2021, 02:19 PM
Avid

I'm on Windows myself. I do see this if my computer sleeps and its a known issue. Could that be it?
Old 04-26-2021, 04:53 PM

You mean if your PC goes to sleep, it won't reestablish a connection to your tablet without a restart? That seems possible on top of whatever is occasionally keeping it from connecting on a fresh boot.

Is there not some way to trick EuControl into actually rescanning for the tablet? Thanks.
Old 04-26-2021, 04:58 PM
Avid

Try this to see if its Apple Bonjour (that we use for connections)is at fault. Open a Command Prompt and type this in:

dns-sd -B _euconproxy._tcp

It will show what the system thinks is connected. If the tablet isn't in here theres no way EuControl will see it.
Old 05-05-2021, 07:01 PM

Entering that into command prompt yields "Browsing for _euconproxy._tcp" and nothing else for 10 minutes and counting.

I went into services and restarted the Bonjour Service, but that didn't do anything. Is there a solution that would work over a ~30ft usb cable instead of relying on wifi? I'm not doing anything fancy in the booth; just tracking voice.
Old 05-05-2021, 07:34 PM
Avid

If you see nothing in that command prompt then this has nothing to do with EuControl as Bonjour isnt even seeing them. After restarting Bonjour you have to un that cmd again it wont just appear.
Old 05-05-2021, 07:38 PM
Avid

Does restarting the tablet bring it back ?