Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 02-01-2021, 11:35 PM

Default Avid Control & Eucontrol wishlist

Hi!

I’ve recently got a S1 and a Dock with tablets. I really love the system! It’s truly great to have so many neat Eucon features trickled down from the S6 (layouts, spill...), the S1 tablet makes a great meter bridge. I’m seriously considering buying a second S1. Thanks Eddie and team for your work!

Now here are a few requests for an even better experience.

- Avid Control : double tap to bank surfaces. I’d like to be able to bank the surface(s) from the app on the Dock without having the "auto bank to selected track" pref active. The behaviour when this pref is enabled drives me mad, I don’t want my surface to bank on every single mouse click in my timeline. But there are times where I want to quickly bank to tracks and I think I’d be neat to do so by double tapping the tile of the 1st track to be banked. Same thing as the "scroll into view" function but without holding the key modifiers. I know double tapping is for renaming tracks at the moment but I’m sur a pref could handle that

- Bank surfaces from Avid Control in meter mode / hybrid mode. As soon as my S1 and it’s tablet we’re setup I found myself swiping the tablet touch screen to bank the surface. Currently swiping seems to nudge the surface. I’d love to bank the whole surface(s) with one swipe and perhaps nudge with 2 fingers?

- Waveforms in meter mode? Lastly it would be awesome to have s6 style scrolling waveforms on the meters on the tablet! I’m almost sure there are no chance to see this feature trickle down but I’m asking anyway... For Ultimate users perhaps?

Thanks for listening :)

Cheers!
Old 02-02-2021, 07:56 AM

Default Re: Avid Control & Eucontrol wishlist

Those are all good suggestions. I'd add, for EuControl monitoring on a Dock, I'd love to have a small pop-up window in the bottom right corner of the app (similar to the fader pop-up on the left) triggered by touching the monitor control, that shows the current monitor level as it is adjusted.
Old 02-03-2021, 09:37 AM
Avid

On the Meters screen, tap one finger on track 1 or 8 to nudge, 2 fingers to bank. Swiping was initial attempted but it was so hard to code without it screwing up a lot of other things.

For the Bank to Selected Track, have you tried unchecking Select Track most recently Attentioned from Surface?

As for Waveforms...sorry this is not something we have planned at the moment.
Old 02-06-2021, 11:28 AM

Default Avid Control & Eucontrol wishlist

Thanks Eddie and sorry for not getting back sooner, I was away from the studio last week.
I’ll have a look on Monday!
Old 02-06-2021, 11:39 AM

my wish:

- ability to quickly save layout on ipad app. without annoying LAYOUT NAME requester. it's a showstopper, everytime i want to store layout i have to wait for this virtual keyboard to appear and disappear. please make a STORE button for fast storing and maybe RENAME to change name
Old 02-08-2021, 02:21 AM

Eddie,

I've had a chance to try your suggestions.

Banking with 2 fingers on the Meters screens woks great, thanks!

As for banking the Surface by selecting a Track Tile in the Tracks view I can't find any combination of settings that works the way I'd like

With the settings attached selecting a track from its Tile banks the S1 to that track. But clicking in PT Timeline on another track also banks the S1 to that track and I don't want that! I must add that in PT "Link Track and Edit Selection" is ON. If I turn it off it works as expected. But I want to keep this on!

What would be the solution then? Perhaps two finger touch on a tile?

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture d’écran 2021-02-08 à 11.11.58.jpg (39.3 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by cosmotone; 02-08-2021 at 02:38 AM. Reason: Forgot attachement
Old 02-08-2021, 04:11 PM
Avid

I think what you are asking for is a pref that says "Dont Bank to Selected track if Selection comes from Edit Window" and the Attention Most Recently Clicked DAW area Edit Window pref is off. I think !
Old 02-09-2021, 01:28 AM

What I'd really like is to bank the surface(s) by touching a Track Tile in the Control app without necessarily select or attention that particular track.

Could be done dy double tapping a Tile ou taping it with 2 fingers.

Or indeed have a couple of pref in Eucontrol ?
- Auto-Bank to Selected Track from DAW
- Auto-Bank to Selected Track from Control App

Thanks for taking the time to look into it :)
Old 02-12-2021, 01:04 AM

Hi Eddie,

I have another item to add on my wish list :

Could you include the Control App / Dock Knobs on the "Reverse Inserts/Dynamics Knobs" preference ?

It feels weird to have the knobs in reverse order on the dock at the moment...

Thanks a lot :)
Old 10-21-2021, 05:43 AM

Hi!

I'd like to add the possibility to recall track presets. I love this feature and there is a key command for saving track presets, so it feels right to have a command for recall as well. Then I hope it would be possible to create a macro to recall a specific preset with the right key commands. This would make life very easy cause I could then recall my setup of Sends or default insert chains, track colors or similar with a simple click on my surface.

If there's already a way to achieve this, please let me know.

Thank you!