Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 01-25-2021, 01:45 AM

Default Lock Avid Control on Channels Pan page. No Dock

Hi,
There is a lot of differents tracks in my sessions. I use to be on Channel Pan (large) page. But if in my session I click on a VCA track the Channel Pan page leaves (it makes sense there is no Pan).
It's very perturbant and time consuming I have to select again and again each time on Avid Control the pan and enlarge.
It wasn't like this with PT Control. Is there somethnig to do ?
Old 01-25-2021, 05:53 AM

Default Re: Lock Avid Control on Channels Pan page. No Dock

Totally agree Yanos.
The surround pan window is the main thing I use PT Control for too and it is a massive pain to keep re-selecting it.

I can see the logic of the way it works now, but a pan lock option would be a massive help.
It happens the same on an S6 if I remember correctly from the last time I used one.
It would be a big plus if there was an option for the pan window to stay selected/grayed out even if the currently attentioned track doesn't have a panner and then re-activate when the next one does.

Any chance of adding that as an option Eddie?
Old 01-25-2021, 08:31 AM

I also agree with this one.

It would be neat to be able to lock pan (or any other tile such as eq, dyn...) with a long press on the tile and show us this locked status with a small icon in the bottom of the tile.

Or perhaps a preference somewhere in the app or eucontrol that would prevent vca attention to change tile selection?
Old 01-31-2021, 12:29 PM

Well, I feel less lonely !
Hope a kind of lock will be present in the next Avid Control and Eucontrol releases.
Old 02-01-2021, 08:01 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
Totally agree Yanos.
It happens the same on an S6 if I remember correctly from the last time I used one.
You must have used S6 a very long time ago ;-) There are default settings for what function appears on any of the attention areas on S6 and even a backup selection if that track doesnt have that initial function.
I agree it would be great to have this same functionality in AC, let me add it to the list.
Old 02-01-2021, 12:43 PM

Bringing this functionality would be nice indeed, thanks Eddie!
Old 02-03-2021, 02:47 AM

Great ! Thanks Eddie.
Old 02-03-2021, 03:36 AM

Thanks Eddie.

It wasn't too long ago I worked on an S6. Maybe they just didn't know about that function, I certainly didn't. I'll make sure it's on next time.

Having it in PT control would be great too.
Old 02-03-2021, 09:44 AM
Avid

I definitely want to do this in Avid Control but after speaking to the engineers its a massive job and it will slow down the App. The S6 has the same issue but as its a dedicated CPU manages better. On attention the App would have to wait to load all the functions of the track, then check to see if it has the correct function and select it....if not it has to check for the backup and select that and if thats not there go back to the previous etc etc. All this takes a second or more, so and its realy noticeable and slows down the workflow. I'm not saying we wont do anything but please bear with us as its not easy.
Old 02-03-2021, 10:41 PM

It's too bad but it's already great you take account on it.
And, I assume it's a question of coding but why this wasn't like that with PT Control (old version) ?