Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 02-25-2021, 06:22 PM

Default VCA Spill Won't "Un-Spill"

This sounds weird, I know. And I'm sure it's because I inadvertently checked a setting, but for the life of me, I can't figure this one out on my own.

I'm an S1 and Dock user. Tapping a VCA in the Control app, spills the group as I expect it would to the S1 faders, but tapping it again doesn't un-spill them. I have to re-load a session to get access to all my faders again. It worked fine a few months ago, so I can't definitely say whether or not it changed with an update or something I configured.

Here's a video of the behavior if it helps. https://youtu.be/hXwiLE4dLs4

I'm hoping someone can give me some advice here. Avid's support has been unresponsive for over 5 weeks, so I'm bugging you all with my issue. Any ideas?
Old 02-25-2021, 06:49 PM

Default Re: VCA Spill Won't "Un-Spill"

Depending on your preference settings, your unspill might be the lower left-most soft key on the Dock that is flashing during spill. Does that work for you?
Old 02-26-2021, 08:52 AM
Avid

You are not going crazy. This did use to work that way but we had to take out the unspill part as it caused several bugs. To unspill now, tap the flashing circle bottom left or double tap a Sel button on a VCA on the surface.
Old 03-09-2021, 02:17 PM

Thanks you two.