Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 02-11-2021, 11:45 AM

Default S1/Dock not connecting when there is Wifi enabled

Hey there, new to the forum, but I've looked around and had no luck finding this question. I also spent a lot of time on the phone with Avid tech support trying to sort out the issue, but no luck there either, so I thought I'd try here and see if anyone is familiar with this issue.

Basically, when I start my computer, if my wifi is enabled, my two S1's and my dock will not connect to Eucontrol. I have to disable wifi, and then "restart all Eucon applications" and then they will connect, and I can enable wifi again. So when I turn the computer on, and wifi is on, they show up in the list of devices in Eucontrol, but can't connect.

The S1's are plugged into a Cisco SG 350-10 switch which is in one of the ports on the back of the Mac Pro, and the Dock is plugged directly in to the Mac Pro (this was the only way I could get the dock recognized at all).

I have noticed that in the Network area of system preferences, under "set service order", "WiFi" is ahead of both ethernet ports in the order. When I've tried to change this, it does in fact connect the devices while the wifi is on, but then the wifi doesn't work, meaning I will try to load a web page and it never loads.

I've tried doing firmware and software updates on everything, and I've found the workaround of just having to manually connect the WiFi, but ideally, I'd have a setup where everything connects automatically!

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

System:
Mac Pro 2019
10.15.7 Catalina
3.2 GHz 16-Core Intel Xeon W
256 GB 2933 MHz DDR4
Avid S1 X2
Avid Dock
Eucontrol 2020.11.0.187
EUCON Version 4.7.3.187