Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 05-24-2014, 06:01 AM

Default AVID CORE audio manager Problem

Hi Evryone.

I'm experiencing a problem.
I recently moved from HD3 accel to HDX.
When Protools software is off, Avid core audio manager works perfectly with iTunes, but doesn't seems to work with Safari Audio in general.
(youtube, websites etc...).
Have you guys any ideas to make it work?

Thank you very much.

I'm running Protools 11 & 10 on Mac OS X.9.2 with The new Mac Pro.
The Rig is : Protools HDX on an external Sonnet PCI extention unit, and Avid 16X16 audio interface.

Pierre
Old 05-24-2014, 12:45 PM

Default Re: AVID CORE audio manager Problem

I imagine you have but have you checked after startup but before running apps.
your sound control panel and Audio Midi Setup?
(All set to use HDX as sound card in and out).
Old 05-26-2014, 11:25 AM

Hello,

Thanks for answering.
Of course everything is set up properly in both sound control panel and Audio / MIDI setup.
I think maybe that's because i'm running Maverick. I had no choice for that because i bought one of these new mac pros.
Any idea?

Thanks.

Pierre
Old 05-31-2014, 09:33 AM

UP??
Old 06-01-2014, 07:09 AM

Flash player updated and or installed?
Old 07-23-2014, 09:46 AM

hi again, thanks for answering.

Of course, yes. Flash player installed and up to date.
if i choose, built in audio or other speakers, it works perfectly.
it,'s only with HDX and avid 16/16 hardware. it crashes. period.
i did update to PT 11.2, so i have the latest version of AVID HD drivers 11.2 .
But still.
same problem.

i'm running OS 10.9.3 by now.
Old 09-06-2014, 05:51 AM

I am seeing the same issue.
HDX is selected for system and output (there seems to be no way to select it for system input though!!!)
iTunes and Firefox auto launch the Avid core audio engine as expected, but Safari 7.0.6 does not.

I will verify QT and quicklook next and double check flash update, and old preference plist files.

Please post other findings for this issue!
Mac Pro, os12.6.3, PT 22.12 HDX, 2xAlphalink,1xDeltaLink,
Mac Mini, os12.6.3, PT 22.12 HD Native + HD Omni, Artist Series Mix x 2, Artist Series MC Transport, Atmos 5.1.4
VENUE SC48 3.2 with iPad Control
SSL Duality
SSL Duality via ipMIDI / ∂elta Automation Plug-In
Old 10-08-2014, 10:57 AM

Hi,
I am having this exact same issue, I'd love to resolve it. I have this issue on a few HDX and HD Native systems, so I'll just use one as a guinea pig.

Mac OS 10.9.3
2.93 GHZ Quad Core
8GB RAM
1 HD Native Card
Avid driver 11.2.1
Pro Tools 11.2.1

System Preferences are set for sound output from the HD interface. Avid Core Audio Driver does not launch when attempting audio playback within Safari. Pro Tools functions fine. Other applications launch Core Audio and behave just fine. These applications include iTunes, Logic, Reason and Live. Flash and Java are both up-to-date.

QuickTime will launch Avid Core Audio, but not connect (0 clients). Clicking "play" causes the application to hang, though it will quit. Quitting Quicktime also closes Core Audio, as expected.

Safari cannot playback audio and it will not even launch Avid Core Audio at all. Youtube, for example, will give an error and suggest checking to see that Javascript is enabled (it is).

We have six systems here and I am seeing this behavior in all of them. Any ideas?
Old 01-04-2015, 02:44 PM

hello guys,

My problem is not solved yet.
The pain in the A.. is that it also freezes the output audio from 2 different CD authoring software on my system.
I looked around, and found some like that : http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e.../HDX-CoreAudio

still doesn't work for me. I think the problem is between AvidCore audio manager and mac os X's Audio midi setup.

You can't actually right click on the "AVID HDX" in the left column to set it as the main output.

The problem seems to occur since PT 10.3.6.

SO : does everybody here has PT 11 & 10 coexisting on there system (i do, for my control 24).
Thank u

Pierre
Old 03-13-2015, 02:47 AM

Hi there!

I did have the exact same problem.
But as it seems I just found a solution, that worked for me.
After weeks of searching the web for hints on this problem, today I found this in the Blackmagic forum:

Quote:
installing RESOLVE BREAKS AVID COREAUDIO MANAGER!
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:56 am
by Petri Koskimäki

THIS SHOULD BE MENTIONED in resolve download page, in the installer, or at least be a sticky in the forum! There is a post about this buried somewhere in this forum, but I didn´t find it before I installed Resolve on my (audio) workstation. I don´t think anyone else will either.

This is crucial information because as soon as resolve is installed, there is no way to get audio out if you are using Avid / Digidesign hardware and Coreaudio. And fixing this is very difficult, uninstalling resolve doesn´t fix it. You also have to uninstall PostgreSQL 8.4 (that gets installed with resolve) manually using terminal. This is how you do it in OSX 10.8.5.

1) Stop the server and remove the service:
sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.edb.launchd.postgresql-8.4.plist

2) Remove the plist file:
sudo rm -f /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.edb.launchd.postgresql-8.4.plist

3) Remove the Menu Icons:
sudo rm -rf /Applications/PostgreSQL/8.4

4) Remove the Installation Files:
sudo rm -rf /Library/PostgreSQL/8.4

5) Remove the postgres user:
sudo dscl . delete /Users/postgres

6) Remove the ini file:
sudo rm -f /etc/postgres-reg.ini

Hope this helps someone with the same problem… I lost whole day because of this. It took me 3 hours to find out why the coreaudio manager suddenly crashes every time I open it. Didn´t cross my mind that Resolve could be the reason! Once I found out that was the case, it took another couple of hours to find out about Postgresql and how to remove it. Not to mention I had to remove Resolve so I can´t use it. Hope this is fixed in Resolve 11.
Here is the link to the forum:http://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/vi...hp?f=3&t=22196

In my case, I actually did install Resolve a couple of weeks ago but somehow couldn`t combine the event of installing resolve with the core audio manager to stop working with thrid party apps.
So now, after deinstalling resolve and going through the steps mentioned in the post on the blackmagic forum, it seems as if the Avid core audio manager is working again

Maybe this helps others too, or at least points your search in another direction, which could lead to a happy result.

Greetings... MacDuncan