Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 06-21-2012, 08:07 AM

Default Superior Drummer 2 can't find sound library

I just purchased and installed Superior Drummer 2 on my Win7 64-bit machine. After installing the software, I also went through installation of the sound library, accepting all defaults. Then I upgraded to the latest version of SD, which is 2.3.0.

In Pro Tools 10, I can instantiate Superior Drummer on an Instrument Track and got it open just fine. But in the Settings window I got a warning saying, "You need to set the path to where you installed the sounds before you can use them."

I browsed to the folder that contains the installed sounds, which by default got installed here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Toontrack\Superior\Superior Drummer 2.0\SL-Avatar\Sounds

I selected the Sounds folder, and in response the Settings windows shows a green check mark, which would seem to indicate I've succeeded in showing it where the sounds are. But no sounds are loaded. If you're familiar with the SD interface, basically I've got the drum layout showing all drums and cymbals transparent.

Do the sound files need to go to a specific location where Pro Tools can find them? If so, what is that location?

Incidentally, here is what the Superior Drummer ReadMe says about installing the sounds:
Quote:
If choosing a default install, the software will automatically be installed in the appropriate location for your
currently installed virtual instrument host. You should however verify that this is the case and choose to
perform a custom install and change the destination target for the so-called 'plugin' according to your
host's manual operation manual.
This is ambiguous to me, as if to say, "The sounds will install to the correct location, except it might not be the correct location."

Help?? Thank you!
Old 06-21-2012, 08:36 AM

Default Re: Superior Drummer 2 can't find sound library

hi tpann. try going to the SD2 settings tab and clicking on the 'set as default' button for the library you're trying to use.

regards,
marco
Old 06-21-2012, 10:43 AM

Thank you mlemos. (I always find it odd referring to people by their handle when their handle is not a natural name. ) I think you're referring to the "Make Current Lib Default" button. I did that but before I did that I was able to find a forum where this was discussed and someone revealed that SD erroneously sets its default library to "SD 1" apparently because of the assumption that anyone using SD2 had upgrade.

I just needed to select the NY - Avatar library from the drop-down in the Settings tab, load the library, and then select same in the Construct window.
Old 03-28-2015, 02:17 PM

Im having the same issue. Its saying can't find sounds. Thanks!
Old 03-31-2015, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannywhitt45 View Post
Im having the same issue. Its saying can't find sounds. Thanks!
what a coincidence, had this issue yesterday. all you need to do is run the installer again and it will detect those samples and then it will show up in superior drummer, not that hard.