Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 12-02-2017, 09:05 AM

Default 11R isn't recognized in pro tools 10 - help needed

Hey guys,

I'm writing this as I need help, all the search I've done didn't help...

I just formatted my PC and installed Windows 10 home edition.
I followed all the usual instructions, installed the lastest 11R drivers and the latest Pro Tools 10 installer, but every time I try to launch Pro Tools I get the already known error:

"unable to locate hardware. make sure your hardware is connected".

My 11R is configured correctly, no issues in windows device manager, I can listen to music by using it and the 11R stand-alone editor works perfectly fine!

I also checked for issues with my Ilok, there are none (license is activated). I also tried installing ASIO4ALL and Pro Tools launched correctly, but in the device setup menu the only thing that appeared is ASIO4ALL, the 11R isn't there...

I can't understand why my 11R works perfectly but it just isn't recognized by Pro Tools.

How can you guys help me here? What else should I do in this case?
Old 12-02-2017, 10:31 AM

Default Re: 11R isn't recognized in pro tools 10 - help needed

Does the Eleven Rack show up in Windows audio? (just check, you *don't* want it selected to play audio from Windows).

If not... reboot the computer with the Eleven Rack connected and powered on. (and your issue then was you likely let the computer sleep with the Eleven Rack connected and powered on, don't do that).

If not what does the device manger say about the Eleven Rack? If it's nto showing up focus on the USB cable.

if the Eleven Rack is showing up in Windows then start Pro Tools, holding down 'N' until the Playback Engine dialog appears and select the Eleven Rack there.
Old 12-02-2017, 10:35 AM

...and why are you running Pro Tools 10 on unsupported Windows 10?
Old 12-02-2017, 10:38 AM

Are you sure that pro tools 10 isn't supported on Windows 10?

Eleven rack works perfectly on my Windows 10, also when I installed ASIO4ALL just to test a different audio driver, pro tools uploaded perfectly as well.

Looks to me that there's an issue with pro tools and Eleven rack in my setup and I can't find what it is.
Old 12-02-2017, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Does the Eleven Rack show up in Windows audio? (just check, you *don't* want it selected to play audio from Windows).

If not... reboot the computer with the Eleven Rack connected and powered on. (and your issue then was you likely let the computer sleep with the Eleven Rack connected and powered on, don't do that).

If not what does the device manger say about the Eleven Rack? If it's nto showing up focus on the USB cable.

if the Eleven Rack is showing up in Windows then start Pro Tools, holding down 'N' until the Playback Engine dialog appears and select the Eleven Rack there.
Eleven rack works fine, I can hear windows audio with it no problem.
No issues with the device manager also. Can't reach the Playback Engine dialog (tried that after installing ASIO4ALL and managed to load pro tools, but eleven rack wasn't appearing in the device or playback menus), since the pro tools loading dialog stops after the message "unable to locate hardware"
Old 12-02-2017, 11:55 AM

Well if you can’t even get a dialog panel up, want to guess it might be related to an unsupported OS... got a Windows 7 installer handy?

To be paranoid, you want to make sure Windows is not selected to use the Eleven Rack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 12-02-2017 at 12:25 PM.
Old 12-03-2017, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oplatner View Post
Are you sure that pro tools 10 isn't supported on Windows 10?

Eleven rack works perfectly on my Windows 10, also when I installed ASIO4ALL just to test a different audio driver, pro tools uploaded perfectly as well.

Looks to me that there's an issue with pro tools and Eleven rack in my setup and I can't find what it is.
Pretty sure PT10 isn't supported on Windoze10. See this chart: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...tibility-Chart
Just because the 11R works on Win10 doesn't mean that PT10 will work as those are two totally separate things. Meaning PT10 and the 11R aren't tied at the hip with each other.

Win10 compatibility didn't happen until PT 12.5

QAPLA!
Old 12-08-2017, 04:57 PM

No isn't supported like said above but , it doesn't mean that it cant work neither .

I use them both on my studio computer ( PT 10 and 12 ) with no issues at all . So maybe there is something else happening . Please check that windows is not using your interface as default device player . Is that is the case please select another input as default NOT your PT interface while launching and using PT !