Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2006, 09:47 PM

Default audio clock error message

I just got an error message I've never seen before:

"Problem detected with audio clock. Check that your clock source and sample rate are correct."

What have I done now?
Old 09-23-2006, 09:23 AM

Default Re: audio clock error message

We'd need to know a lot more about your set-up to be helpful. It may help you to understand that audio clock (more commonly word clock) is what a device uses to sample digital audio, IE know exaclty where each of the 44100 samples per second belong. If you are using multiple digital devices, there must be one master clock source, and the others must sync to that clock so they all record/play a sample at the same time. On the 002, you can choose to sync it's clock to an incomming S/PDIF or ADAT signal. The session sample rate MUST match the sample rate of this incomming clock source.

If this didn't help, please explain your situation further.

Phil
Old 09-23-2006, 11:20 AM

Thanks, Phil. Here's my situation:

had PTLE 6.4 on a PC and backed-up all my sessions to a Western Digital external drive -- bought an iMac CoreDuo with Intel and PTLE 7.1.1 -- discovered that Amplitube2 and SampleTank2 won't be compatible with 7.1.1 till November and January respectively -- uploaded Boot Camp Beta and purchased WindowsXP w/SP2 and got PTLE 7.1 -- now I'm opening my sessions in 7.1 and receiving the aforementioned error message.

My sessions are opening as they always have and I haven't changed sample rates or anything. Any further insight is much appreciated!
Old 09-23-2006, 11:25 PM

Sounds like you know what you're doing. If you aren't using any other digital devices, and the sample rates in all the software applications match the rate the session was recorded at, then I don't know if I can be of any more assistance. Is this error preventing you from play/recording?
Old 09-25-2006, 01:33 PM

Thanks again, Phil.

Yes, it is preventing me from playing and recording in those sessions.

Any ideas out there? I don't know enough about this sort of issue to even know what questions I should ask. Apparently, the sample rate was lost or corrupted(?) in the upload into 7.1--perhaps? Is there a way to re-designate the sample rate of a session already in progress? The only time I ever come across that info is in the dialog box when you originally create the session...
Old 09-25-2006, 04:36 PM

veritas,
I'd suggest deleting all PT preference files, as well as the databases on all drives.
Try creating a new session with clock set to internal.
Please report back with your findings..

best of luck,

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 11-10-2006, 11:40 AM

Any luck with this problem? I've just spent 2 days doing the Mac > XP via Boot Camp and am having the exact same issues as you are. WOuld LOVE to hear if and how you solved this BIG problem.
Cheers
ross