How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 08-03-2019, 01:50 PM

Default Re: Track presets 2019.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
Huh? you asked me the question "Did you wipe out or just move the Avid created presets out of the folder?" I gave you my answer "neither"

I am not certain we are are the same page here, when I make another folder ( Kev's) inside the Pro Tools > Track Presets "folder" I then have two folders in Track Presets , one is labeled "Kevs" and the other is labeled "Avid" If I select "Kevs" in the track type dropdown then I no longer see any Avid presets in the presets dialog dropdown window ?????????????
So for me there is no issue of seeing or dealing with Avids presets am I missing something

You can alway try making a folder with your presets so it shows in the presets section of the track type dropdown window (first),,, then try moving the Avid folder out .

The path is Finder>Documents> Pro Tools> Track Presets ...It will have the "Avid" folder already there, then just make a another folder with you name or whatever.
Yes - you are missing something and it's something I wrote in my previous post and that was the way I work. I don't use the 'new track' menu item but the keyboard shortcut to bring up the 'new track' box. Doing that I see the Avid presets and have to wade through them before I get to my custom made ones. Pain in the rectum. Yeah I could change the name of the folders but why have something there if I don't ever use it? Same thing for plugins I don't use - they go in the unused plugins folder.

I get the way you're working and that's via the mouse which may be all well and good for you but it isn't for me. If there's a keyboard shortcut I'm all for it and that's what I use.

QAPLA!
Old 08-03-2019, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Yes - you are missing something and it's something I wrote in my previous post and that was the way I work. I don't use the 'new track' menu item but the keyboard shortcut to bring up the 'new track' box. Doing that I see the Avid presets and have to wade through them before I get to my custom made ones. Pain in the rectum. Yeah I could change the name of the folders but why have something there if I don't ever use it? Same thing for plugins I don't use - they go in the unused plugins folder.

I get the way you're working and that's via the mouse which may be all well and good for you but it isn't for me. If there's a keyboard shortcut I'm all for it and that's what I use.
No hey I completely get less clutter. And Know what you said..... But it does not gel with what I know about Keyboard shortcuts
So yes I guess I am missing something
Are you saying you have a single command to go from nothing open straight to all presets open ? but the keyboard shortcut to bring up the 'new track' box. Doing that I see the Avid presets Does "Command-Shift- N" open the presets on your system ?, Because on my system all that does is open the new track dialog box which I do but then I Command Up or down arrows for track type and then click on presets ..
Or is there an little known command that does it in one keystroke ?

I am guessing one big difference in our work flows is I seldom use track presets, because my custom session templates usually have "everything" all set up including all the tracks I am likely to use.

And I still do not see why you can't just move the Avid folder out ? Then you won't have unused presets to see or deal with

And to clarify in what I am saying there is no "change the name of the folders" there is only create and name a new one (your custom one)

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...

Last edited by K Roche; 08-03-2019 at 03:20 PM.
Old 08-03-2019, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
No hey I completely get less clutter. And Know what you said..... But it does not gel with what I know about Keyboard shortcuts
So yes I guess I am missing something
Are you saying you have a single command to go from nothing open straight to all presets open ? but the keyboard shortcut to bring up the 'new track' box. Doing that I see the Avid presets Does "Command-Shift- N" open the presets on your system ?, Because on my system all that does is open the new track dialog box which I do but then I Command Up or down arrows for track type and then click on presets ..
Or is there an little known command that does it in one keystroke ?

I am guessing one big difference in our work flows is I seldom use track presets, because my custom session templates usually have "everything" all set up including all the tracks I am likely to use.

And I still do not see why you can't just move the Avid folder out ? Then you won't have unused presets to see or deal with

And to clarify in what I am saying there is no "change the name of the folders" there is only create and name a new one (your custom one)
Never said there was one command that goes from nothing to all presets open - don't know where you got that. I use this:

• Create a new track with command-shift-n. This invokes the “New Tracks” window
  • Type the number of tracks you want to create
  • Cycle through track channels (mono, stereo, etc.) by typing command-left arrow or command-right arrow
  • Cycle through the type of track (audio, midi, mix, etc.) by typing command-up arrow or command-down arrow
  • Cycle past the last entry of Instrument track to get to the track presets
  • select the type of preset you want to recall which in my case I have folders for instrument tracks with specific vi's, mix auxes with my mix aux plugins and a folder for plugin presets - you do this by command up or down arrow
  • command-option up or down to select the presets
  • Add a new row of tracks by typing command-shift-down arrow (or remove it by typing command-right arrow)
I don't use session templates - never have, never will because I have no pre-conceived idea of what I'm going to need. I'd end up spending more time deleting things in a template I wouldn't need so track presets do the job for me. If you don't use track presets why are you replying here?

You change the name of the folders in OSX Finder - it's that simple; I know there's no way to do it inside PT.

QAPLA!