Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 11-22-2020, 05:45 AM

Default Disk Allocation Problem with aiff file

This was the problem: I downloaded a playback file which came in aiff format and used it in a session. The playback file was sitting on the desktop as well as in the audio folder of the session. However when I removed it from the desktop pro tools couldn' find it in the session audio folder even after trying to manually link it. Only when I reimported it from the audio file folder back into the session by just dragging the file onto a new track, it was finally being recognized.
Does that have something to do with the format of that file or is there another explanation ?
thanx for info
Old 11-29-2020, 04:25 PM

Default Re: Disk Allocation Problem with aiff file

tough to say, but I suspect that PT was looking for the file on the desktop, and maybe the version you had copied into the session got some file conversion that made the data impossible for Pro Tools to reconcile. Given how many times I have been stuck on relinking imported audio, I now drag(copy) the audio into the session folder and import from there. Its an extra step, but I have yet to have an issue on any session done that way(if its lots of files, I usually drop them into the Audio Files folder of the session. If its only a couple, I might only drop them in the session folder).

When in doubt, once everything is working, do a Save Session Copy, check the box to include audio files and save as a separate session(its good to have backup versions anyway)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave