Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2001, 04:09 PM

Default video capture

Hello
I just got a new g4733 and 001 and would like to use quicktime to sync for film composing. I am new to this system but have been using Logic with a MTP AV and syncing to a VHS with timecode (too slow). I have not been able to find an aurora fuse. Any other suggestions?
thanks zaum2002
Old 09-13-2001, 06:36 PM

Default Re: video capture

I've been trying this. LE doesn't support SMPTE as such but it will accept MTC and freewheel from the starting point. In that sense it doesn't stay synced with the video, so after a half hour or so it might be a few frames out.

This is not the case with QT movies imported into the session. It will retain frame accuracy throughout (they say), and i have no evidence to deny this.
I currently am doing work for a production house which uses an Avid system. They give me a CD with the program on it, I use Digitranslator to extract all the tracks and QT, Import it and away we go. The only hassle is the lack of the SMPTE window on the vision, but I'm working on that.

Hope this is of some help.
Old 09-14-2001, 07:44 AM

Hi Murray,

Do they give you a CD with an OMF burned onto it or has it been converted to a QT for you? I've been trying to import video into a PT system from a Avid Xpress without luck.

Thanks
Old 09-15-2001, 12:50 AM

Hello
Thanks for the replies. So far I get the shows on two VHS tapes. One with TC on track 2 and one with temp music. Both have smpte burn in on screen, so I could use either one once its converted to quicktime. I think i've found an aurora fuse card. Thats what the guy I "ghost write" for uses to capture video. I thought I would check to see what other options there are since that card is a little old.
zaum2002
Old 09-15-2001, 06:36 AM

Hm, I have Aurora Fuse and Comparing to other qualified video card (DC30+) is relatively NEW, and with just new drivers works fine, you can also use aurora IGNITER which is not on compatibile LIST, but works as well, other solution is use DV, check ot search archives on DV with Protools, there was a lot of posts on this.