Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2007, 01:19 AM

Default > Spinning Beach Ball Freeze - Mac Pro and VIs

I am testing a new system, trying to get all the kinks worked out so I can actually be productive. At this point i am getting the spinning beachball freeze when I load up a bunch of VIs. There is a lot of horsepower and it plays fine, but after awhile the system will freeze and the spinning beach ball shows up. . . I can leave it for 15 minutes plus and it doesn't come back. So far it has only happened when the Trilogy Wrapper is part of the equation. . . Anyone else having this problem?

PT v7.4
Mac Pro 2.66 4 GB RAM
OS X 10.4.9
Old 12-01-2007, 01:54 PM

Default Re: > Spinning Beach Ball Freeze - Mac Pro and VIs

I removed Trilogy and Ivory from the plugins in use and the problem seems to have stopped. But more testing is required. Many of my Unexpectedly Quit problems seem to be Ivory by looking at the dump log, and I have a number of sessions that will not open or import, but if I skip the Ivory track on import all is fine. I just want to make music, not be a computer tech!
Old 12-01-2007, 10:05 PM

This just started for me. I first got this when duplicating an instrument track with ImpOSCAR inserted. However the Atmosphere wrapper is giving me the most trouble - randomly going in to the eternal beachball.

Ainslie
Old 12-01-2007, 10:25 PM

Yea, I was very disappointed to hear Spectrasonics had to go with a wrapper solution to port Trilogy. If I would have known they did not have design control of their own product I would never have purchased Trilogy. I hope they can come up with an in-house solution soon. . . I was surprized to be having problems with Ivory as well. It has been so well-behaved in the past. I do have a support email to the Synthogy. Hopefully it will bare news.