Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2010, 04:33 AM

Default Oceans way DRUMS and roland v drums

I have the roland td - 20 and oceans way drums, I like the sounds but it seems no matter waht I do the hi hat,, i can never get to work correctly.. I have been back and fourth with tech support gone thru the manual and it just never works right,, any ideas?????? I am almost thinking that using real cynbals is the way to go
Old 10-06-2010, 09:17 AM

Default Re: Oceans way DRUMS and roland v drums

Tough to offer advice when you haven't given an inkling about what the problem is. 'Can't get it to work' is tough to troubleshoot.

From my experience with pads, there's too much artistry in hi-hat playing which is lost when cracking away at drum pads. All the various ways to work the sound of an open hat, for instance, or the tightening of the hat's tone by pressing the pedal harder. Pads, partially due to the simplicity of drum libraries, don't give you a lot of options here. And the feel isn't great.

Many times we've miked a real hat along with a kit and it work pretty well. The sound of the pads bleeds into the hi hat mic but it's very manageable, unless you have to do a lot of editing.

Give it a shot. You'll never get your V-drums to feel like your own hat.