Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2021, 08:41 PM

Default Avid Dock fader not usable (sort of)

Hey all, I'm having a weird problem here. I'll admit I don't use the Dock and S1 as much as I should, I'm a sfx designer in games, so it's possible this is user error and I've just messed something up.

In any PT session, regardless of number of tracks, when I select a track it appears to have the attention of the fader on the Dock. But if I lower or raise the fader, it always snaps back to wherever it was. Tracks are in Auto Read, and there's no automation on the tracks. This happens in new tracks as well, even in brand new empty sessions.

If I adjust the level of that track from the touch screen, I can adjust it. If I adjust it from my S1, I can adjust it. But any time I try to adjust it from the Dock fader, it just snaps back to wherever it was supposed to be and doesn't update.

I *CAN* solo and mute the attentioned track. I just can't work with the fader at all.

Any ideas? Thanks!
Old 08-18-2021, 06:01 AM

Default Re: Avid Dock fader not usable (sort of)

Hi Mark,

Have you tried the Dock's self test mode? This would at least would confirm the fader is still responding to touch sensitivity. See here to initialize. Once in the test mode the fader should cycle up and down until you touch it then the LEDs should go yellow/white. If not, then the fader may have just checked out. Also, is the firmware up to date? Conflicting firmware might explain this if you've updated EuControl.

-Chris
• DADman/Eucon monitoring
• BSS (DAN + 100), QSC DCA 1644, JBL 7 Series
• MTRX Studio // 7.1.4

www.quesound.com
Old 08-18-2021, 08:13 AM

Test mode works just fine. Touching the fader stops it from moving. Firmware is up to date on all devices, and Avid Control app is at latest on all devices.
Old 08-18-2021, 10:09 AM
Avid

A few things to try.

If you just touch the fader does the popup in the bottom left of the Control App appear with the correct track name? Does the fader value change(green text). Does the fader in PT move when you move it? If you put the fader into write latch does it work correctly. is it in a vca or is it in trim?
Old 08-18-2021, 11:00 AM

Well, I was going to reply and answer the questions above, but it's mysteriously started working correctly again. Maybe it's because I put it in test/Vegas mode and then rebooted it? I had previously power cycled it, and rebooted my computer, but could that have made it behave? So strange.